29.

"Oh wow, I was not expecting that," I say as I grind my teeth.

"Yeah, well uh-" Blue runs his hands through his hair. "She's pretty and nice, she was always really persistent so I thought to give it a shot."

"How did it go?"

"Good, we got dinner then went back to my place." Blue turned his head towards me.

My heart dropped at the thought of anything sexual going on between them.

"Where did you go to eat?" I ask, trying to make small talk.

"Kyma," Blue responds blandly.

I tap my foot repetitively on the island counter. My heartbeat was through the roof.

"So did you guys, ya know?" I knock Blue's arm, trying to playful dance around the subject.

"No," Blue said again, blandy.

Blue turns his head away from me and sighs. I knew he was holding back, trying to tell me something. I fix my attention on him, waiting for him to say something. Blue clasped his hands in front of him and rested his nose on the top of them.

"I need to ask you something." Blue sighed deeply again.

"...Yeah?"

Blue shuffled in his seat and then stood up. "I'm trying to figure out how to ask this."

"Blue, it's me," I chuckle, trying to lighten the mood.

"That's the problem." Blue stood in front of me, his face completely serious.

"What do you mean?"

Blue ran his hand down his face and sighed deeply once again. "The problem is; it's always you."

"What-" I managed to get out.

"I'm out on a fucking date with this beautiful girl, and I'm only thinking about- about YOU, Frankie?!" Blue shot his hand towards me.

I stayed seated looking at Blue; I wasn't sure what to say or if he even wanted me to say anything.

"Fuck, why did I just..." Blue mumbled the rest of his sentence to himself.

I stood from my seat and pushed my chair in. "Blue, I don't know what to say."

"Tell me you like me, Frankie." Blue stepped towards me.

"Blue, I don't-"

"Tell me, Frankie,"

I shook my head, looking into Blue's eyes. They were full of desperation and sadness; he was practically begging me to admit to some feeling for him. Blue inhaled quickly and sharply while staring back at me.

"I don't like you, like that, Blue." I trail off.

"Yes, you do," Blue said bluntly.

"No, I don't Blue, I don't see you like that."

"You like me, Frankie, admit it you're too scared to," Blue enunciated. "The night after the party where we came back here, that's when everything changed. You wanted me, and I wanted you."

I crossed my arms, keeping my eye contact with Blue.

"We were both borderline sober at that point; you knew exactly what you were doing with me." Blue started pacing my kitchen. "I never felt that type of feeling before, and I KNOW you did as well."

"Blue, it was a quick thing that we both needed at the moment," I say defensively.

What are you doing? Tell him you like him back?