20.

"Hi, I'm okay," I whisper.

"Where are you? I've been worried sick." He sighs.

"I've been with some friends." I get off the bed and close the door.

"Whom?"

"Just- some people." I lean my back on the door.

"Do you need me to come to get you? Are you in the city?" Blue moves things in the background.

"Yes and yes."

Savannah was right; you are the most selfish person. You just fucked Baxter an hour ago, and you're calling Blue to get you. What the fuck is that?

"Where?" Blue says quickly while grabbing his car keys.

"Fuck." I put the phone down at my side for a second before bringing it back to my ear. "Um... I'm in park slope."

The other side of the phone was silent.

I didn't dare say anything.

"I know where you are. Don't move." Blue hangs up.

I shove my phone in my pocket and wait a few minutes before walking downstairs. I see Baxter sitting on the couch with a couple of people surrounding him.

"I'm leaving Baxter," I say silently.

"What, why?" Baxter gets up and walks over to me.

"I just turned my phone on and realized what day it is. I gotta go; my friend Layla's birthday dinner is tonight." I lie as I put my shoes on near the door.

Baxter raised his eyebrows. "Did I do something, princess?" He whispers.

"No, no, not at all." I smile awkwardly.

"Ight, well, let me take you home." He turns behind him to look for his keys.

"It's okay. Layla is picking me up." I grab my coat and shuffle it on. "I was going to ask Savannah, but you know." My heart races.

"Can I meet this Layla person?" Baxter's tone gets angry.

"Next time." I kiss his cheek and step out the door.

"Are you going to call me?" Baxter steps towards me.

"Yes." I smile and zip my jacket.

Blue's Lamborghini Urus pulls up just as the screendoor closes.

Baxter's eyes narrow. "Nice car?" His curiosity hits.

"She's loaded!" I smile and walk down the steps towards the car.

I open the door swiftly and jump in; I slam it behind me, hoping he didn't see Blue. Before I can put my seatbelt on, Blue speeds away. The loud engine hums underneath us. The horsepower he had on this car was insane.

We sat in silence, and I didn't dare look at him. In my peripheral vision, I could see him driving with one hand on the wheel. His face was angry, knuckles white from clenching the wheel so hard. His hair slicked back slightly to brush his curls out of the way. He wore a thick brown sweater and black pants.

My heart fluttered at the sight of him.

"I-"

"Don't say anything." Blue cuts me off. "Not a word, so help me, God."

I crossed my arms and looked out the passenger window. The city was pitch black but lively as ever. People laughed throughout the streets heading to their destinations. Couples were holding hands, clasping coffee cups with the other. I envied all of the laughter echoing from their mouths.