39.

Blue's POV

Mr. and Mrs. Ellison stood in front of me, waiting for a response. I looked at them in awe, not expecting to see them anytime soon.

"Blue?" Frankies mom asked again. "What's going on?"

"Uh-" I looked at Frankie, then back toward her parents. "I don't know."

"What is she doing on the floor? Is she passed out?" Mrs. Ellison threw her hands to the side in anger. 

"She's high; that's all I know." I lied as I shook Frankie's shoulders.

"Oh, brother, not again." Frankie's father chuckled.

Frankie slowly slumped over onto the floor once I took my eyes off her. My head pinged back, and I saw her chest rise and fall, indicating that she was alive. 

"What do you mean not again?" I asked sharply.

"She does this all the time." Mr. Ellison looked back at his phone and walked toward his side of the apartment.

"So, what do you do about it?" I stood up and followed behind him.

"Huh? Oh, about her? Nothing. She'll come to her senses sooner or later." Mr. Ellison said, barely looking up from his phone.

My cheeks were hot with anger as I observed him carelessly minding his own business, not giving a single fuck about his daughter. I looked down at him, typing away on his phone, and without a second thought, I snatched it from him. 

"What do you think you're doing?" His head snapped up at me.

"Your daughter is fucking high, and you mean to tell me you don't do anything about this?!" I stepped toward him.

"What do you figure I do, boy?" Mr. Ellison said sarcastically as he tried to grab his phone from my grip.

"Help her?!" I threw his phone behind me, not caring if it shattered or malfunctioned as it smacked the marble tile.

"What do you think you're doing?" Mr. Ellison angrily pushed me back.

I caught myself and yelled. "I've always been the one here helping Frankie while you and your wife are out doing whatever the fuck you do without her." 

"Don't speak to me like that; how dare you." 

"I'll speak to you, however, the hell I want. You don't deserve any respect from me." I started to raise my voice.

"I don't need to do anything for her, she gets everything she asks for, and this is how she repays me? Acting like- like that?" Frankie's father pointed to her. 

"She's your daughter? She owes you nothing." I shake my head at his statement.

"She's ungrateful; she does this for attention." Mr. Ellison yells.

"You're daughter, Frankie, is a fucking drug addict!" I yelled. 

Mrs.Ellison gasps behind me; I pay her no mind.

"No, she's not." Mr. Ellison brushes past me and grabs his phone from the floor.

"You're a fucking asshole. You're delusional and selfish." I grit my teeth.

"You better find yourself leaving soon." Mr. Ellison shoves his phone into his pocket.

"Maybe- maybe we better hear him out." Mrs. Ellison taps her finger tails on her teeth.

Now I know who Frankie gets that nervous trait from.

"No, Blue is a fucking liar." Mr. Ellison grabs his coat furiously.