30.

I haven't seen or heard from Blue in almost a month. I tried calling him multiple times the first week he left my apartment, but there was no anvil. I gave up about a week and a half ago when I found out from Layla that Blue and Dani were dating. I've been seeing Baxter on and off to cope with Blue being out of my life. Keeping Baxter at arm's length is also good for my safety and everyone else's. My life was crumbling before my eyes, and I had no idea how to stop it.

"Hey!" Layla snapped me out of my thoughts. "You good?"

"Yeah." I nodded, realizing she and I were out having breakfast together.

We were at a small cafe in Manhattan, sitting outside enjoying the last bit of warmth of fall weather before winter arrived.

"Thinking about Blue?" Layla asked, grabbing her coffee mug.

I nodded. Layla was one of my only good friends at this point. I called her up and told her about everything that happened with Blue in the past after he left my apartment a month ago. Layla was shocked to hear everything and gave me all the comfort I needed. She spent multiple nights at my house, so I wasn't alone. Layla has seen Blue since our fight; I'll admit I'm jealous, but she said he doesn't seem much like himself.

"Yeah.." I sigh, looking down at my mimosa.

Layla extended her arm across the table and held my hand. "He'll come around."

I gave Layla an approving nod, and we proceeded to talk about our plans tonight. I was invited to go out with Layla, Austin, and Binx. Layla's cousin was having a party at her place. Layla assured me there was no way that Blue would be there since her cousin had no clue who he was.

"Let's have fun; you need, it babe." Layla smiled after finishing her plate of food.

"Yeah, you're right. I- oh my god." I froze in my seat.

"What?" Layla looked behind her.

"Oh fuck, Layla, you drive a black Lamborghini Urus, okay?" I sit up in my seat and move my head towards the building in hopes of not being seen.

"Blue's car?" Layla turned to me.

"Yes." I hissed.

"Well, well well. What a pleasure doll."

I groaned and fixed my attention to the head of the table. "Hi, Baxter."

Layla's eyes widened.

"Doll." Baxter leaned down and kissed my forehead.

"Whos this?" Baxter smiled at Layla.

"This is Layla, my friend who picked me up from your house that one time." I shot Layla a look.

"Oh yeah, sick car, by the way." Baxter eyed her.

"Right? Dad's money." Layla laughed awkwardly.

I held my breath. I knew when Blue came and picked me up, Baxter had his suspicions towards who was driving the car.

Baxter gave Layla a fake smile and turned toward me. "You didn't call me back."

"Yeah, I've been dealing with stuff- ya know." I try to look unbothered in front of Layla.

Baxter flashes me an uneasy smile trying to compose himself. "I expect a call tonight, or ill just have to come by and see if you're okay."

"Well, Layla and I are going out tonight, so no guarantee," I say anxiously.

Baxter hesitated. "Great." He continued walking down the street like he just happened to bump into me.

"What the fuck? That was him?" Layla watched him walk away.