22.

"You look fantastic! I can't believe I'm running into you; it's been so long!" Jackson smiled ear to ear.

I took another drag of my cigarette and threw it in the trash bin nearby. I smiled back at Jackson, pleasantly surprised to see him as well. "It has been long; how have you been?" 

"Good, good, working a lot, but I've been back in the city here and there; I wanted to call you but... ya know." Jackson shoved his hands in his pockets.

I could feel my face crinkle at his comment.

"Well, if you're not busy right now, I was about to go grab some food; want to join me?" Jackson said, still smiling. 

I turned around and looked at the restaurant I had just walked out of. My parents were eating and laughing, not a care in the world that I stormed out upset. I looked back at Jackson.

"Come on; it'll be fun! I know exactly where we should go." He held his arm out for me to grab on to it.

"I would love that." I smiled and looped my arm through his. 

Jackson and I walked many blocks in the cold. The streets of New York were full of people as usual. Jackson guided me to our secret destination as we talked and laughed about old memories. We arrived shortly after at a semi-busy corner restaurant. We walked in and were sat immediately. 

"I love it here," Jackson said, thanking the waiter for handing him a menu. 

I looked around at the ambiance for a second and then directed my attention to the menu. 

"Jackson, hello!" A man's voice echoed behind us.

"Hi, Alexandros!" Jackson smiled and stood up, shaking the man's hand.

"Oh, sit sit, please." Alexandros ushered him back down.

"This is my good friend Frankie." Jackson introduced us. "Frankie, this is Alexandros Baros; he's the owner of this restaurant." 

"Very nice to meet you," I smiled and shook his hand.

"You as well, my you are very stunning." He smiled, winking at Jackson.

I blushed, thanking him. 

Mr. Baros and Jackson spoke for a little before Alexandros said his goodbyes and he'd be back to check on us.

"Nice man." I smiled at Jackson.

"He and my father are good friends; I've known him since I was little." 

Our waiter returned to take our drink order and dropped off homemade pita and hummus to start on the table. I ordered a chardonnay, and Jackson ordered a specialty cocktail on the menu. We had multiple food dishes sent over from Mr. Baros, and we enjoyed every plate. We also had numerous rounds of drinks while waiting for our entrees.

"So, how's Blue?" Jackson finally asks.

"He's good. Same old." I take another sip of my wine.

"I miss that kid." Jackson sighs.

"I bet he misses you." 

Jackon shakes his head. "No shot."

"You guys were inseparable for so long, crazy how you both just cut each other out of your lives like that." 

"Well, it wasn't necessarily mutual; he doesn't want anything to do with me." 

I stayed quiet, waiting for Jackson to continue talking.

"It's not your fault tho F, I knew his feelings toward you for so long, and I was a bad friend." He shrugged. 

I nodded, listening to him; I felt like he wasn't done talking, and I didn't want to interrupt his train of thought. 

"I apologized multiple times but nothing, radio silence, he does not want to talk to me." Jackson cleared his throat. "I love the kid, don't get me wrong, but you... God Frankie, you're so beautiful it was hard not to want to grab you and kiss you sometimes." Jackson glanced at me. "I assume the cats out of the bag with his feelings towards you, so I don't feel weird talking about this." 

"I brought you up to him the other day, and he didn't really want me to speak about you." I awkwardly interrupted. 

"See, that's the shit I'm talking about. The kid hates me." Jackson shook his head. 

"I just think he's a little hurt." I swirled my wine.

"Did you know he liked you when we hooked up?" Jackson's tone grew serious.

"No." 

"Exactly!"

"But you did." I bit the inside of my cheek.

Jackson stared at me. He sighed heavily. "Fuck, yeah, you're right." 

"Blue doesn't really want to see me right now either." I broke the silence.

"Why?"

"We got into a pretty nasty fight, and he just needs some time." I sighed, looking down at my drink.

Jackson shuffled in his seat. "You don't have to tell me. I don't think he would appreciate it if you did anyway." 

"Hey, how did Blue even find out about us anyway?" My head shot back up to Jackson.

"Uh, I'm pretty sure Savannah told him." 

Right when Jackson said that, my heart dropped. The food was placed in front of us, and Jackson smiled and thanked the waiter. I had déjà vu all over again from earlier. 

"Wait, Sav?" My head felt dizzy.

Savannah would never do that? Why would she do that? 

"Yeah, I'm almost 100% sure." Jackson looked at me, confused. "Are you okay?"

"Um, I think I need some air." I looked at him with blurry vision. 

"Here, let me help." Jackson stood up and helped me out of the chair to go outside.

The cold air hit me instantly, and I took a deep breath. I could feel my hands shaking from anger. 

"F, you good?" 

"I just- I just can't believe she would do that?" I held my head while a million thoughts raced.

"I thought you knew?" Jackson asked, confused.

"I thought you told Blue." I looked at Jackson.

Jackson shook his head. "Hell no."

"What the fuck," I whispered under my breath. "Fucking bitch." 

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to upset you." 

"It's okay. I know those weren't your intentions." I calmed myself down.

"Do you want to go back in and finish our food?" Jackson asked.

I nodded, "I just need a minute if you don't mind." 

"Of course." Jackson rubbed my back for a second and then turned to walk inside. 

Letting the cold air hit my lungs, I took a few deep breathes to myself. Why did Savannah break my trust? Why did she always go and tell Blue what I told her? I feel like I can't trust anyone anymore. I closed my eyes to my swarming thoughts. 

"Hey! Didn't you say you'd call me?!" 

My eyes shot open as I jumped at the familiar voice.

"What's the excuse now, dollface?" 

"Baxter." I hesitated. "What are you doing here?"