41.

Blue's POV

After the paramedics came to the house and administered Narcan to Frankie, she awoke and refused to be admitted to the hospital. I stayed over that night to help Layla monitor her, but in the morning, after endless debate, Layla ended up staying with her and pushing me to go home that night and rest. The absolute disgust I had in the pit of my stomach was nauseating. I couldn't get the image of Frankie lying lifeless in my arms out of my head. I know the instance just occurred, but truthfully, I don't think ill ever be able to unsee it. I pulled my phone out of my pocket after many hours of not checking it to multiple missed texts and calls from Dani. I sighed, scanning through the many angry messages from her, wondering where I was. One message, in particular, stood out to me.

Dani

I can't believe you're standing me up on our anniversary. 

My eyes opened wide. "Oh fuck." 

Frankie's POV

"Layla, I promise I'm fine."

"I would just feel better if you ate more." Layla soft smiled.

"And I wouldn't feel better if I did; I swear I'm going to barf if I have to eat another bite." I threw my napkin on my plate.

Layla sighed. "Okay, I believe you." She grabbed her plate and mine and headed to the sink.

"You know you don't have to stay here and watch over me?" I crossed my arms.

"Actually, I think that I do." Layla snapped. 

I rolled my eyes. 

"So we're not going to talk about what happened at all?" Layla said as she placed the dishes in the dishwasher.

"No." I quickly said.

"Listen, F, If something is going on that you feel the need to do this to yourself; you know you can always talk to me." Layla spun around and slowly approached the table.

"I get it, Layla, but no offense, you wouldn't understand."

"My dad is a licensed therapist; I bet he could find someone to help then."  

"No, Layla, I can quit this shit whenever; I just don't want to." 

Layla rolled her eyes. "That's what they all say, F." 

Layla and I stared at each other for a few seconds before she excused herself to take a shower. I sat in my seat for a while, looking straight ahead at nothing. I was lying to everyone around me. I knew I was spiraling out of control; I knew I would never stop cold turkey. I tapped my finger on my tooth. I've never overdosed before, ever. But no one needed to know that.

Just then, there was a knock on the front door. My eyebrows furrowed because I wasn't expecting anyone. I got up, pushed my chair in, and headed to open the door. I stepped back as the door opened, and my mouth gaped. 

"What- What are you doing here?" I stuttered.

"Can I come in?"

"I don't think so; what do you want?" I spat.

"We need to talk." Savannah paused. "Please."

Blue's POV

"I'm just so mad right now, Blue; I can't even describe it."

"Dani, please, I'm so sorry. I know I fucked up." 

"How could you sleep through our one-year anniversary?!" Dani threw her arms up in anger.