7.

Mature Content.

"Hey," I smile and pat the chair next to me.

Jackson walks over and takes a seat. "You know those are bad for you, right?" He chuckles.

I smirk and ash out my cigarette on the table between us. "Ha. ha." 

We sat in silence for a couple of minutes before anyone said anything. I took sips of my drink, hoping it would help with the awkwardness. I know Jackson wanted to say something but couldn't get it out. 

"Listen, Jackson; I don't want anything to ever be uncomfortable between us." I shift my body towards him.

He laughed. "Hasn't it been already?" 

I laugh and nod. 

"I get what you mean tho F, and I don't want it to be weird either." He smiled and grasped my hand. "You look beautiful, Frankie."

I smiled and held his hand back. "Thank you, Jackson."

We all arrived at the party on the Upper Eastside. None of us knew whose party this was. We just went with the flow and came. The place was a vast two-story townhome right near Madison Avenue. I recognized some people, but others I had no clue about. The house was packed full of drunk, happy twenty-year-olds. 

Jackson and I made our way to the kitchen upstairs to make ourselves some drinks. Savannah and Lucas were downstairs catching up with old family friends. We found the kitchen along with some other people pouring shots. They asked us to join in, and we accepted.

 "One last one, just one last one!" One of the strangers in the kitchen yelled. 

I laughed and nodded. "Okay, okay! Last one; this has to be my fourth one." 

"Hey, don't tempt her; she can outdrink you, dude." Jackson laughed, holding his liquor.

We took our last shot and mingled for a little. The three strangers' names were Binx, Layla, and Austin. The three of them lived in the city and had no idea who's house we were partying at. Binx has dark black hair and blue eyes. Layla has honey brown hair with dark brown eyes, and Austin has light blonde hair with dark green eyes. 

"Are you two dating?" Layla asked while breaking out a bag of cocaine.

Jackson and I looked at each other and shook our heads.

"No." I laughed. 

"Too bad, you guys would be cute." She chewed her gum and handed the bag to Binx.

"You guys want some?" Binx asked, shaking coke onto the kitchen counter.

Jackson and I agreed. Binx began racking out lines for all of us. Layla and I got to talking. I learned that she lived in Hells' Kitchen with one roommate and was attending NYU. Her parents live in Connecticut, and she had an older brother. Layla and I were also the same age. We exchanged numbers. 

Binx handed me the rolled-up bill to take my line. Layla put her number in my phone and placed it down on the counter in front of me. My screen lit up to a picture of Savannah, Blue, and me.

"Oh my god." She gasped. "You know, Blue?"

"Oh god, do I know Blue." I took my line and handed the bill back to Binx, thanking him. "We've been best friends for years." 

"I had a class with him at NYU." She studied me for a second. "Wait, holy fuck, YOU'RE Frankie!" 

I giggled. 'Yeah, that's me."  

"He talked about you all the time!" She screeched.

I wasn't sure what to say; Blue always talked about me. Not in a cocky way; I mean, I always spoke about Blue too.