27.

Blue and I looked at each other for a couple of seconds, unsure of what to do.

"Answer it," I say, motioning towards the phone.

Blue looks down at his phone and hesitates to answer. He put the phone up to his ear.

"Hey, Sav." Blue clears his throat. 

Savannah blabs on the other end; I'm unsure what she's saying.  

"Nothing, I just made myself some dinner," Blue replies.

"Put it on speaker," I whisper.

 Blue nods and puts Savannah on speakerphone. He puts his finger over his mouth, indicating that I need to be quiet. Blue then turns around and starts walking the perimeter of his kitchen. 

"I've been trying to get a hold of you for hours; where have you been?" Savannah spats.

"I was writing; my phone was off; I just turned it back on." 

"Ugh, I hate when you do that. We have a problem." Savannah whines.

"What is it?" Blue sighs.

"Frankie and I arent friends anymore; you won't believe what she did this time." 

I roll my eyes at her comment and sit on Blue's sofa, still listening to Savannah bitch and moan to Blue.

"Oh god, what happened?" Blue acted surprised.

"She just came over here accusing me of ALL these things? She got all pissy that I didn't want to hear about her fuck fest with Baxter and then yelled at ME for telling you about her and Jackson hooking up. I mean, COME on, she had to of known you like her, right?!" Savannah yells over the phone.

Blue and I make eye contact at her last remark, Blue's face is red, and he scratches the back of his head awkwardly. I break the eye contact and look away, feeling myself turning red and embarrassed. 

"Have you talked to her?" Savannah chimed in again.

"Oh- no, not today." Blue lies.

"She's probably out getting high." Savannah scoffs.

"Hey, that's not something to make fun of." Blue stops pacing and leans against the stove. 

I fix my attention towards the outside world. I knew this conversation was awkward and invasive for both of us, but I needed to hear how Savannah spoke about me to Blue, even if it was heartwrenching. 

"Whatever, Blue, you know you always take her side!" 

"I'm not taking anyone's side; I'm just saying let's not make daggers at others," Blue says as he takes a seat on the other end of the sofa. 

"I can't stand how selfish she is; I can't stand how she treats me and, most importantly, how she treats you." Savannah's tone turns sympathetic. "I wish you would see how she uses you, Blue." 

"Frankie would never do that," Blue responds.

"Oh yeah? What about using you to hook up for her pleasure and then throwing you to the curb after it happens like the slut she is? That good enough for you?" Savannah laughs. 

"Savannah shut the fuck up." Blue takes the phone off speaker and puts it to his ear.

I get up from the couch and head to the bathroom. My heart was pounding a mile a minute; I could feel the embarrassment and anxiety washing over my body. I close the door and lock it behind me. I turn on the faucet as I start to hyperventilate. I ran my hands under the cool water, trying to calm myself, but her words ran through my mind.