34.

Warning: Sexual Content.

It's been nine days since the incident with Baxter happened. After I awoke from my blackout, I managed to call Layla and beg for her help. Blue and I were sent to the hospital immediately. I stayed for two nights while Blue stayed four. Blue's parents came and checked on me, and Layla stayed with me the whole time. The hospital informed me that they tried contacting my parents, but they never returned any calls. 

"Are you sure you're fine?" Layla asked.

"Yes, you've done more than enough." I smile and shoo her towards the door.

"I don't mind staying another night." Layla beamed.

"Layla, in the nicest way, please go home." I chuckle. "Your cat probably misses you."

"Binx is taking care of him; It's okay!" 

"Go!" I point towards the door.

"Fine, fine." Layla puts her hands up in defense. 

"Thank you again, seriously." 

"Don't thank me." Layla embraced me in a hug.

I smiled and held her for a couple seconds. 

"If you have any memory of what those guys look like, let me know; I'll go with you to the police station." 

I stopped breathing for a second and nodded. Blue and I didn't dare tell Layla that Baxter was behind all of this. Layla is a great friend, but she would've ended up telling the police to try and get him arrested, and in the end, that wouldn't end well for any of us. 

Layla opened the door and jumped back for a second.

"OH- my, Blue, you scared me." Layla held her hand on her heart and opened the door further so I could see him.

His face was still slightly black and blue; he had six stitches on the right side of his jawline and a fractured rib. Blue showing up to my apartment was my first time seeing him since he left the hospital; he looked much better. My heart fluttered when he looked at me, he was so handsome. 

Layla and Blue hugged and talked for a second while I took a seat on the island chair. 

"I'll leave you guys alone; text me if you need me, F!" Layla waved goodbye and shut the door behind Blue.

Blue walked over to me, and we hugged instantly. The smell of his cologne filled my nose and gave me a sense of comfort. He rubbed my back slowly and rested his chin on my head. 

"How are you?" I whisper.

"I'm okay, more worried about you," Blue responded. 

"Don't be; Layla's been great," I chirped as Blue and I released our hug.

Blue sat down next to me and put his hand on top of mine. We looked at each other for a while.

"Listen, I'm really sorry again-"

"Stop apologizing, Frankie." Blue cut me off. "You didn't think any of that would happen." 

I nodded slowly. "What have your parents said?" 

Blue breathed in deeply. "Well, they're worried about you as well; they were able to pull the footage from my apartment complex's security camera of Baxter and them smashing my car; I said none of them looked familiar." 

"God, they must be so confused." I put my head in my hands, trying to comprehend where I went wrong. 

"They are just concerned why we were attacked; I wish I could tell them the truth." Blue cleared his throat.