16.

I found myself at a nearby coffee shop catching up with Baxter. I sat across from him, sipping my dirty chai listening to him talk. I know hanging out with him was not the best idea, but I needed to clear my mind after what just happened with Blue.

"Enough about me tho; please tell me what's new with you?" Baxter leaned back in his seat.

"Nothing too exciting, still doing the same things. I moved recently, well my mom, dad, and I did." I responded.

"How are they?" He crossed his arms, waiting for a response. 

"Not like you care, but they're good, I assume." 

Baxter laughed. "Oh, come on, we had our fun times with them?"

I smirked.

My parents liked Baxter; since they were highly absent in my life, they didn't have a care in the world who I hung out with. There were countless times when Baxter and I would be high as hell around them or fucking in my room. They would never bat an eye. 

"Oh hey, how's Savannah?" Baxter interrupted my thoughts. 

"She would hate to know that you're asking that question." I held my mug in my hands.

"I assume she's good," Baxter smirked. "Oh, and your other friend, his name is a color or something?" His smile faded. 

"Blue." I dart my eyes away from him.

"Yeah, him. How's lover boy?" Baxter laughed at his joke.

I shook my head and lied. "Blue is not in love with me." 

"You can believe whatever you want to believe; I saw how that kid looked at you when we were together. He hated me." Baxter fixed the Yankee's hat on his head.

"You weren't exactly easy to like." I rolled my eyes, joking with him.

"Just let me know when he confesses his love for you; I'll make a bet with you. I'll give you my Rolls when that happens." Baxter leaned towards the table.

"And if I win?" I snickered, placing my cup down.

"You won't." Baxter smiled.

"I see you haven't changed much." I finished my drink and placed the cup near the side of the table.

"You got somewhere to be?" Baxter checked his watch.

"I do, actually; I was heading to Savannahs." 

"I gotta do a deal, lemme give you a ride, for old times sake?" Baxter stood up, shuffling his jacket on him.

"It's okay really-"

"Come on, you haven't been in the new car, and it's cold. Let's go. I know where she lives." 

Baxter unlocked his car and opened the passenger side for me. I stepped inside and sat down; Baxter closed the suicide doors and rounded the front of the car, and jumped in. The engine turned on, and Baxter slipped out of his spot and flew past the light.

"How come you don't hit me up anymore?" He leans back and puts one hand on the wheel.

"I don't do pills anymore." I lie.

"Ahh, makes a lot of sense. Thought you wanted nothing to do with me." 

"That too," I reply.

"Appreciate the honesty." Baxter makes a right.

"You know we were no good for each other. Only as friends." I leaned my head back on the seat.

"Yeah, I loved you too much for us just to stay friends, F."