6.

I met Savannah in Central Park the next day to tell her about my talk with Jackson. I explained how he apologized, said he liked me but wouldn't give me a reason why we weren't able to be together. Not like I wanted to date Jackson, but some emotional company would be excellent for once. 

"At least he told you the truth," Savannah responded as she laid out the blanket on the grass.

"Yeah, I guess, but he didn't really?" I took a seat across from her.

"What do you mean?" She laid on her side for a more comfortable position.

"Well, he said how he couldn't be with me, and one day I'd find out." 

Savannahs face looked troubled. "Oh, wow, that's weird."  

I furrowed my eyebrows and looked at her intensely. What was she hiding?

"You don't seem too surprised." I studied her facial expressions.

"I mean, maybe one day you will find out." She rolled on her back, trying not to look at me. "You know about whatever he's talking about." 

"Okay, what's going on? What does everyone know that I don't?" I crossed my arms in frustration. "Spill Sav."

Savannah's head spun towards me. "Nothing, dude, chill." 

"Savannah, come on. I know you two are hiding something; you sound so guilty." I inched toward her.

She groaned and sat up on her arms. "F, I'm sorry, but I can't say anything."

"What why?!" I sighed in disappointment.

"I just can't."  She frowned. "Jackson is right tho; I guess one day, you will find out." 

I huffed and flew onto my back beside her. What was this secret everyone was keeping from me? Why was Jackson, Blue, and now Savannah being so weird about? I hated not being in the loop with my friends; it made me feel super anxious and left out. 

"When you left, Jackson and Blue seemed to be having a pretty heated argument," Savannah said after some time of neither of us talking had passed.

"Did you hear what it was about?" I gazed at the clouds above me.

"No, Blue looked pretty mad tho." 

She's hiding something. 

"Well, when Blue came after me yesterday, I told him about how I tried kissing Jackson." I took a deep breath. 

"What!" Savannah shot up and fixed her attention on me.

"Yeah, why what's the big deal? I tell Blue everything." 

"No, I know, it's just," Savannah played with her hair. "How did he react?" 

"He didn't seem to care. I thought he would laugh but just no emotion, really." I tried reading her face for any clues.

"Oh, okay, well. Hopefully, the two of them weren't fighting about you. You know how Blue can get defensive over you." She laid back down.

"True, maybe Blue was mad that Jackson didn't kiss me or something." I stretched my arms above me.

"Yeah, Yeah, that's it, probably." Savannah agreed. 

I wasn't buying it. What the fuck was going on? I know Blue can get protective over me, but I don't think he would go to the lengths of getting mad at Jackson for not wanting to kiss me while I was intoxicated. I needed to get to the bottom of this.

After Central Park, Savannah came over to my house for dinner. We cooked chicken enchiladas with rice and beans on the side. We made some margaritas as well while enjoying each other's company. We were going out tonight, so Savannah decided to come get ready and pregame at my place. She also said she would sleepover, so I was glad I wouldn't be alone tonight.

Savannah told me about her ongoing relationship with Lucas. Things were going well, and she was actually starting to like him. I was so happy for her, but I couldn't help feeling jealous. Savannah always had a nice guy after her practically begging for her hand in marriage. It would be nice to have someone who cared about me for once.

I groaned. "I'm so jealous." 

"Oh my god, don't be! I think it's good you started working on yourself after your relationship with Baxter." She sipped her margarita.

I sighed heavily and nodded in agreement. 

Baxter was my ex-boyfriend who I dated for almost two years. We broke up last year for the better. He lived in Brooklyn and was not a great guy. He sells a bunch of drugs and can be extremely violent. While he touched me once, I've watched him have his fair share of fights. Blue and Savannah blame him for the drugs I still dabble in. 

Blue and Baxter never got along. They would continuously buttheads and drive each other nuts. Blue picked me up from Baxters multiple times under the influence. Blue always tried to persuade me to break up with Baxter out of fear that I could get hurt one day.

I started taking a lot of pills daily and drinking every night with him. I stopped talking to Blue and Savannah as much because Baxter said they were no good for me. I was rarely ever home and lost a lot of weight. I soon realized I needed to get out of the relationship for my own good.

Savannah snapped me back to reality and told me we better start getting ready. I was having a couple of people over to pregame so we could all go out together. Jackson was coming with Lucas and said a few of their friends wanted to join. Blue was visiting his parents in upstate New York and wouldn't be back by tonight. 

I turned on some music and started getting ready. I was excited to see Jackson but hoped it still wouldn't be weird. Savannah was thrilled to see Lucas and put on a sexy red dress with her hair up. Her eye makeup was fantastic and something you'd see on Euphoria. I slipped into a tight black dress with my red Louboutin heels. I put some jewelry on, and we were both ready.

We made ourselves more margaritas and waited for the company to arrive. We danced around my penthouse already drunk. Savannah turned up the music and decided to make a pitcher of margaritas for everyone. I excused myself to smoke a cigarette. 

I grabbed my cigs off the vanity and opened my balcony doors; I took a seat and lit one. I inhaled a drag and instantly felt drunker. I loved being drunk. It really did solve all my problems. I heard a happy yell come from Savannah in the kitchen.

"Hey, everyone, I made margaritas!"

I smiled and took another drag of my cigarette. I enjoyed the soft breeze while listening to music in the kitchen. Footsteps approach me in the distance.

"Hey." Jackson appears on the balcony, smiling.