36.

"Get the fuck inside, Frankie," Blue said angrily as he shoved my shoulder to push me inside my apartment. 

I rolled my eyes as Blue closed the door behind us.

"Layla, go wash the blood off your hands." Blue ran his hand down his face then pointed to the kitchen sink.

 "That'll teach that bitch to not mess with me." Layla scoffed and turned on the faucet. 

"I can't believe you two getting into fistfights; how fucking old are you?" Blue looked back and forth between Layla and me.

"HEY, Dani started the whole thing with Frankie." Layla shot a look at Blue while drying her hands.

"I don't care who started what; you two should've been the bigger person." Blue snapped back.

"Dani has been messing with me for YEARS, Blue; why should I stand back and continue to take it? You're lucky I went easy on her."  I crossed my arms.

"Yeah! And Savannah is a two-faced cunt; I should've knocked her teeth down her throat." Layla walked back towards us and stood next to me. 

"Because Frankie, she's my girlfriend, you need to be respectful." Blue raised his voice.

"You don't even like her?!" I yelled.

"Yes, I do!" Blue yelled back.

"Keep trying to convince yourself, Blue; it's pathetic." I laughed.

"Layla, could you give Frankie and me a minute?" Blue pushed air out of his nose.

"Yeah, of course, I'm going to go wash up." Layla rubbed my arm before walking to the bathroom.

Blue watched Layla walk away and shut the door before he began speaking again. The silence was awkward.

"Listen, F. I understand things between you and Dani have been rough for years." Blue sighed. "But you need to try to be civil and apologize." 

"Apologize?!" I said shockingly.

"Yes, apologize. Tell her nothing ever happened between us." 

"What's the point of all this? Lying to her constantly and sneaking around with me?" I narrowed my eyes at Blue.

"There is no point; it stops now." 

"You don't even like her, Blue; why are you with her?" 

Blue sighed and shook his head. "I'm growing to like her, okay?"

Blue and I stood in silence for a few minutes before anyone said anything. Blue kept his gaze on the floor, trying to think of what to say next.

"I'm just- it's just exhausting thinking that things between us will ever be different," Blue spoke again. "I'm not going to wait around hoping that you'll change your mind about us one day. I need to move on and start something with someone else."

"You can have anyone you want, Blue; why her?" 

Blue broke eye contact with me and looked to the side. "Because she hates you, and I need to be with someone who will keep me away from you." 

Ouch.

"Oh." That was all I managed to say.

"Sounds harsh; I'm sorry." Blue looked back at me.

"Doesn't seem like it worked tho." I snapped.

Blue flared his nostrils. 

"So what you're telling me you don't want to be around me anymore?"