26.

"Jeeze, I'm so sorry, Frankie." Layla shook her head.

I tried to tell Layla the entire story without exposing that I like Blue. I've only known her for a short while, and yes, she's nice, but I'm not sure if I can fully trust her yet. We sat in her closed-off sunroom drinking hot tea, still talking about what transpired between Savannah and me. 

"I had a feeling she liked Blue," Layla said.

"Really?" I said, looking up from my mug.

Layla sipped her drink and nodded. "Yeah, I could also tell Blue liked you, so that's tricky." 

"Why could everyone see it but me?" I whispered.

Layla smiled slightly. "Sometimes, you don't expect your close friends to like you, but it was obvious on my end because he wrote that paper about you." 

I nodded, listening to her. 

"Everything he said about your personality in that paper was so true; you are a good person Frankie, don't let Savannah try and convenience you otherwise." 

"Thanks, Layla, I know we just started becoming friends, so I apologize for dumping all this on you. I just didn't have anyone else to talk to." I felt the tears in my eyes welling up again. 

"Please don't apologize; what are friends for?" Layla smiled and rubbed my back.

"I don't think I want to make amends with Savannah." 

"That's okay; you don't have to. Don't feel obligated." Layla said while placing her cup on the table in front of us. "Have you told Blue you two aren't friends anymore?" 

I shook my head. "I'm kinda dreading that, but I was thinking I'd swing by his place when I leave to see him." 

"Might be a good idea; I bet Savannah already called him and told him a mixed-up story about what happened." Layla scoffed.

"I didn't even think of that." My head shot up towards Layla.

Layla nodded pettily. "I wouldn't doubt it; what a bitch." 

Layla and I both laughed. 

I stayed at Layla's for a little longer to chat and drink more tea. I got to know her more and her relationship with Blue. She also told me she has a thing for Binx and that they've been hooking up for several months now. Layla also confessed to having a tiny crush on Blue in the first year of college because of how charming he is. She promised the desire was gone and only told me to clear any negative energy in our continuing friendship. I admired her for that.

"Thanks again for listening," I said, stepping out of Laylas front door.

"No problem, babe, text me when you're home later or call me if you want to talk," Layla said, leaning on the door frame. 

We hugged goodbye, and I started my GPS towards Blue's apartment. The sun was gone for the night, and the moon shone brightly in the sky. I walked for a while, figuring out what I would say to Blue. I didn't want to come off as pushy and gossipy and make him think I wanted him to pick sides. 

I arrived at Blue's and stared up at the lights on in his apartment. His living room was lit, which most likely meant he was writing. I was hesitant to interrupt him, but I also assumed he was expecting me. I walked up to his steps and rang his doorbell. I tapped my feet while I waited. 

"Ahh, if it isn't the lovely Frankie, to what do I owe this visit?" Blue's voice came over the intercom.

I smiled. "Let me in; it's cold!"