42.

"You know no one will ever love you as much as I do, right?"

My eyes feel heavy from no sleep, copious amounts of drugs, and intermission sobbing episodes by myself on the cold bathroom floor. I don't respond to what was just said to me; instead, I focus on an extremely stained part of the rug before me. I stand still, not feeling much. 

"Hey, are you listening to me?" 

A hand wraps around my jaw and pulls my face to the side, detoring my original vision of the ungodly stained carpet. 

I sigh. "Yeah, I am. Sorry."

He plants a kiss on my bare shoulder. "I just love you so much. More than your parents even." He laughs, "As if that's even a competition." 

His hands rub my shoulders before he wraps his arms around me. "I love you more than Layla."

Oh, Layla. I missed her so much. 

"Even Blue, so much more than Blue."

I doubt that. 

"You'll never find a love like we have; it's irreplaceable." He plants a kiss on my neck.

"You should get someone In here to remove that carpet stain." I lowly reply.

"That's all you have to say?" He scoffs, removing his arms from me. 

I don't respond. 

"You're ridiculous, Frankie." 

I don't respond again. 

"Hello?! God, what the fuck is wrong with you?" 

Baxter grabs my arm, yanking me towards him. 

"What the fuck is wrong with you I asked?" 

"You should know that by now." 

Baxter shoves me away from him. "Go home. You've been here too long, and now you're pissing me off."

My stomach knots. I haven't been home in two weeks since my altercation with Savannah. Blue beat me to the punch, telling Dani that he and I slept together multiple times while dating. I was relieved to know I didn't have to tell her. 

Savannah received a call from Dani hysterically sobbing, asking her to come over while Savannah and I fought back and forth about the right thing to do. Dani told Savannah on the phone that she just talked to Blue; he told her what was happening with him and me. She kicked him out and needed "her girls." Barf

I almost felt bad for Dani. I almost felt guilty for what I did to her. I justified my actions by telling myself that she started all the issues between her and me. She was always rude and nasty to me, prompting rumors that weren't true, making fun of me to others, and, sometimes, when she had the guts, to my face. 

Now, everyone we know knows what I did. And, of course, in modern-day society, I'm the bad guy. Not Blue, me. Multiple guys with girlfriends have been texting me or calling me to ask if I want to hook up. I guess I deserve this; I guess I deserve people talking about me. Calling me a whore, slut, homewrecker. 

"Okay," I replied to Baxter.

"Well, when will you be back?" 

"I don't know; I bet my housekeeper is wondering where I am so I can pay her." 

Baxter sits down. "Your life is so easy, you know? Having a housekeeper, a huge penthouse to yourself. Endless money supplied by your parents, who own the largest energy company on the eastcoast." He shakes his head and smiles. "I don't know why you ruin your life doing drugs."