23.

My eyes adjusted for a second as I came to realize that Baxter was standing in front of me.

"How did you find me? What the fuck are you doing here?" I moved his shoulders back out of view of the restaurant; I did not want Jackson seeing him.

"You said you'd call, and you didn't, so I came looking to see if you were good because I thought this girl must be hurt in the hospital or dead since she isn't calling." Baxter snarled. 

"Okay, no, we're not doing this again. You're not going to follow me and see what I'm up to just because I forgot to call you." 

"So you fuck me and hang with me just to leave me high and dry?" Baxter pulled a cigarette from his pocket and lit it.

"Yeah, and I'm sorry, but I realized I don't want that type of life again." I quickly looked at the restaurant door to see if Jackson was standing there.

"Seriously, doll? That's fucked up." Baxter looked at the restaurant as well. "So, who are you in there with?"

"Don't start." I cross my arms.

Baxter inhaled his cigarette; he then exhaled the cigarette smoke in my direction. "You piss me off, dude; you think I'm going to leave that easily because you don't want me around again?" He laughed. "Face it F, you need me, and you want me. You need me because I'm consistent when you want it, and you want me because you want someone to love you for once." 

I grew uneasy listening to him. I needed to head back inside before Jackson came back to check on me.

"So, you gonna tell me who you're in there with? Or do I have to find out?" He flicked his cigarette on the pavement. 

"I'm with Jackson." I step back from him.

"Oh, that kid. That's another one that had eyes for you." Baxter walked towards the edge of the sidewalk. "Did you fuck him yet?" He smirked.

I scoffed. "You need to leave, now. I don't know what I thought when I called you."

"You thought exactly how you wanted to. No one cares about you like I do F. Your parents don't even care, and your friends seem like they want nothing to do with you after you fell into my spell again." Baxter's eyes shot towards me.

"You're an ass." I walked backward away from him.

"You know I'm right." He shrugged. "I'll know if you fuck him tonight." 

Baxter turned his head away from me. My legs shook with anxiety. 

"And if you do that, I'll bash his face in," Baxter said, still not looking at me. "Your choice. I doubt the prestige company he works for wouldn't like to see him like that." 

I held my breath. Why did I think messing around with Baxter again would be a good idea? I don't know why I got myself into this when it took me forever to get myself out.

"Leave him alone, Baxter, and leave me alone." I backed away again.

"Frankie? What's going on?" I heard from behind me

I shot my head back, seeing Jackson stepping out of the restaurant, his eyes locked on Baxter. 

"What is he doing here?" Jackson's tone grew disgusted.

Baxter turned around and smiled. "So nice to see you again."

"Come on, F, let's go back inside." Jackson took my arm, not breaking his eye contact with Baxter.

"Remember what I said, dollface." Baxter waved as Jackson pulled me in.

The warm air hit my face as we stepped back inside. Jackson and I walked back to our table, and he helped me sit down. He pushed my chair in and then sat down across from me. His food was still untouched as he waited for me.