40.

Blue's POV

She loves me, she loves me, she loves me, she loves me. Frankie Ellison loves me.

I stood silently in Frankie's kitchen, replaying the words that were now music to my ears. 

"I'm still in love with Blue."

Still?! Still in love with me?!

I wanted to run outside on Frankie's balcony and shout for everyone in New York City to hear, 'Frankie loves me.' 

Does this mean we're finally going to be together? I can help her get clean; she can live with me in the meantime; I'll take her to rehab and wait for her to get out. 

I stopped my thoughts. 

I'm still dating Dani, and she has no idea that I'm here right now. I slept over here last night to ensure Frankie was okay and didn't even think to inform Dani. 

Who are you kidding? It's not like you like her anyway?

You're right. It's not okay for me to keep leading Dani on like this. 

My phone rang loudly, bringing me out of my thoughts. I glanced at it sitting on the kitchen island and saw Layla calling. 

I quickly pick up the phone. "Hey," I whisper. 

"Hey Blue, how are you?" Layla asked.

"I'm okay, pretty tired, and you?" I slowly walked toward the living room and stepped outside onto the balcony, taking in the beautiful view of New York.

"Just worried. Have you spoken to her?" Layla sniffled.

"Yes, I'm uh- actually here now." I clear my throat.

"What? How?" Layla's tone shifted. 

"Kinda a long story." I drag my feet to the railing and lean my elbows on it.

"Do tell." Layla insists.

"I came here to check if she was okay after my talk with Austin. The door was unlocked, so I went inside; she wasn't here when I arrived but came later extremely high, hallucinating, not even realizing it was me." I sighed. "She thought I was you, so I took care of her. I couldn't leave her alone in that state." 

"Blue." 

"I know, Layla, I know, I- I just miss her. It's been so long." I hang my head down in defeat. 

"Blue, I get that, but things are already really raw. You're still with Dani even after all the shit she's been saying about Frankie, AND you're hanging around Savannah." Layla sighed. "I think it may be best to leave before she realizes you're there. I can come over and just pretend I was there the whole time." 

"But-" 

"Please, Blue." Layla pleaded.

"Okay, I guess you're right," I reply as I scuff my feet on the ground.

"I'll be over soon," Layla said softly.

We exchanged our goodbyes and then hung up. 

I shoved my phone into my pocket and sighed deeply. I pondered everything that was happening lately in my life and Frankies. 

Layla was right; I'm still with Dani and hanging around Savannah. I don't want to be surrounded by those two people anymore. All Dani can do is talk crap about any pretty girl she sees, and Savannah goes along with it because she's so desperate to be around anyone that dislikes Frankie. 

What the fuck am I doing? I know I'm in love with Frankie but cheating on someone? 

I sighed again and turned back towards the living room to leave. I stopped dead in my tracks and slightly gasped.