21.

I lie awake in bed, staring up at my ceiling. I felt almost completely numb. Blue told me that he would contact me when he was ready. He also told me not to contact him because he would not answer, and he meant it this time. Why was he so admit to not hooking up anymore? Did I ruin it for good? I sighed and covered my face with my hands. Before I could close my eyes and try to fall asleep, I heard the front door of the apartment open. Muffled talking and laughter echoed down the hall. I groaned and rolled my eyes, tossing my comforter over the bed. I grabbed my slippers and put them on, heading down the hall. 

"Oh, I know, what a wonderful time." 

I entered the kitchen standing in the door frame. My eyes adjusted to my parents lugging in their multiple suitcases. I stood there waiting to be acknowledged. I haven't seen them since I passed out in the park weeks ago.

"Oh, hi dear." My mom swiftly looked over to me. 

"Did you seriously just wake up? It's six pm?" My dad said with his eyes locked on his phone.

"No, I had a headache; I thought to lay down for a little." I already regretted getting out of bed for this interaction.

"Well, we just had the most fabulous time." My mom beamed at my dad.

"Hm," I replied.

"Why don't we head down to that little Italian place for dinner? I'm starved." My mom said, looking at her fresh manicure.

"Sounds divine." My dad looked at her happily.

I continued to stand in the doorway and observe my parents. These people seriously had no clue who I was. They never cared to know. They've never said it, but I can tell they never wanted to have a kid, but here I am, their worst accident ever. 

"Well, don't just stand there zoned out; get yourself decent." My mom smiled at me.

I furrowed my brows. "You want me to come?" 

"Yes, my dear. It'll be wonderful." My mom shoos me towards my room.

I stand there for a second, almost flabbergasted at the invitation. I turn around slowly and head to my room to get changed. I brushed my hair and put on some mascara, blush, and a ton of concealer. I had to hide that I went on a bender, not like they would care to notice. I changed into some black bell-bottom jeans and a comfy Dior sweater. I grabbed some Doc Martens and struggled to shove my foot in them. 

"I'm ready." I appeared back in the doorway, hopefully looking "decent." 

"Shall we?" My dad opens the door for my mother and me.

_______

"And then we went to Bora Bora! Your father had this whole thing set up to surprise me; we took a private jet and had our very own overwater bungalow with servents and everything." My mom boasted while cutting a small piece of burrata off for her crustini. 

I swirled my wine glass on the table with my fingertips, listening to their month-long vacation. "Would've been nice to be informed." 

"Oh, honey, stop. I texted you when we were in Vegas." My mom rolled her eyes.

I directed my attention to my dad. He was on his phone per usual dealing with work; his one hand was scrolling while the other rested on my mom's leg. 

"I assume you had fun as well, dad?" I asked condescendingly. 

"Beautiful time; I surprised your mom with a vow renewal; everyone we knew was there. She had no idea; it was amazing." He lifted his attention from his phone and smiled at my mom.

My heart dropped. 

What the fuck? Everyone?!

My head slowly turned to my mom; her smile was gone, and she nudged my dad under the table.

"What?" My dad fixed his glasses and kept his attention on my mom.

My mom motioned her head towards me. My dad looked at me and realized he messed up.

"Oh, well, not everyone you know it-it was a small thing, very last minute." My dad stuttered. 

Before he could continue to cover up his lie, the waitress approached us with our food and sat our plates down in front of us. She filled up more of my mom's wine and asked if we needed anything else. 

"Excuse me." I stood up and walked out of the restaurant. 

I rummaged through my bag for my cigarettes; I could feel the blood rushing to my head. I was so fucking angry. 

Everyone was there? EVERYONE but your own daughter? I can't believe I'm related to such people. I seriously meant nothing to them.

I grabbed my pack of cigarettes and lit one. I tossed the empty carton in the trash and took a drag. I crossed my legs, trying to keep myself warm. I wished I could call Savannah or Blue and rant about this, but I knew neither of them wanted to speak to me. 

"Frankie?" A voice calls out.

I turn my head to the left and see someone waving, walking closer to me. 

"Hey!" They yelled as they started to appear from the poorly lit sidewalk.

"Jackson?" I squinted my eyes.

"Hey F! I thought that was you!" Jackson approached me with his arms out, embracing me in a hug.