15

Cleo Horan

"I'll give you a fucking chance for you to explain what the fuck is going on here." I looked at Zayn, taking a step back so I could grab Harry's gun from the floor and I kept it in my hand.

He'd let it fall when his body simply collapsed and he fell sitting on the floor, hugging his knees against his chest as if he was trying to keep himself together. But the moment he screwed his eyes shut and started to cry, I knew he was too far gone inside his mind. It reminded me of when I found him in that dark room back at the masquerade.

His own head was the most dangerous place he could ever be locked inside, probably worse than a dark room. And the fact his mother triggered this episode, and not any kind of darkness itself, proved just how much influence Anne had over him.

Not the good kind.

I wasn't expecting him to react this way and watching Harry break right in front of me was the most painful thing ever. Especially since the only thing I could do was trying to bring him back, making sure he knew that he wasn't alone and that I wasn't going anywhere.

He always calmed down when I reminded him that I loved him, that always helped. It was like he needed to be reassured he wasn't left behind or unwanted, and I really wanted to know the true reason behind his trauma.

This was really fucking serious and I just knew Desmond was the one to blame. But since I killed that motherfucker, the only person available to answer my fucking questions was his mother. I just wanted Harry to get better and he didn't deserve to feel this away.

And now Anne was standing right in front of me, with wide eyes staring at the gun in my hand before her gaze finally met mine.

The look in her eyes was cryptic, and she was crying too but I honestly didn't give a fuck. I knew Harry would be angry at himself for having a breakdown in front of her, he literally let her see how much he was still being affected by all this shit, but I hoped she felt bad.

It was a good thing that she saw because it was her fucking fault. It was her fault that her son felt unsafe and traumatized, and it was her fucking fault that he didn't want to be anywhere near her. What kind of mother fakes her own death and then simply leaves?

She had no right to cry and play the victim, not when she literally followed Zayn and broke into our apartment. I knew Zayn had the keys and he knew all the codes, but she didn't.

And this was very fucking bold of her to assumed Harry would feel cornered and then simply accept to talk to her.

Things didn't work the way she wanted, she had just gotten back from her fake death and she didn't know Harry. She was only causing him pain and my heart hurt for him... I knew he was crying upstairs, he needed a little time to just let it all out but I'd be with him very soon. He needed me.

I just wanted to know why the fuck they were here. Yes, I turned off Harry's phone for the day but what was so fucking important that Zayn couldn't wait? Why did he risk coming here knowing Harry didn't want to see him?

And what did Anne want from this?

God, this started off as such a nice day and we were so happy... shit hit the fan the moment I didn't finish the blowjob in the car because someone was following us, and I was convinced that someone was Liam.

And now it was all going downhill... I never expected to meet Anne like this. I obviously had a lot of things to ask her but I was so fucking pissed off that the protective instinct I had towards Harry was taking over.

My focus was on him.

"Fucking talk, Zayn." I raised my voice, looking away from Anne.

His face looked even worse with the bruises and Harry had indeed lost control when he beat him up. I knew he also hated hurting Zayn, I could see it in his eyes how conflicted he was feeling before he went upstairs.