37

Zayn Malik

I was drunk and high as fuck, and I stopped checking the clock after midnight.

Harry and Cleo were the same though, and Ash wasn't as intoxicated because she had to leave soon because of Holly. I thought she'd bring her along but I forgot she didn't know about our... lifestyle.

Ash wanted to keep her safe and I could understand... I'd do the same.

We were hanging out in the living room and the small center table between the two couches was full of vodka and whiskey bottles, a few beer cans for Ashley herself since she didn't like vodka, and just a lot of empty shots cups.

Cleo and Harry were sitting on the couch in front of the one I was sitting on, and Ash was right next to me as she smoked her joint. The weed she brought tonight was good as fuck and I felt quite special that they prepared this welcome back party/celebration. I really needed it.

It felt like I could finally relax after four days of overthinking and stress.

But as soon as I landed in L.A. and called Harry to let him know, I was a bit confused when he texted me an address that wasn't his penthouse's. He didn't explain over the phone but I called an uber and followed the directions, which led me to a small house right next to Ash's tattoo parlor.

And that's when I knew shit had hit the fan.

I arrived about three hours ago and one of those hours was mostly spent with Harry and Cleo explaining what the fuck had happened while I was gone. And it was a lot.

The moment I saw how bruised they were, I asked if someone had broken into the penthouse again. Harry explained he left that night to talk to Anne, which was already shocking as fuck, and somehow a group of guys from some random gang broke in and kidnapped Cleo.

Of course, I felt guilty when he told me because I was on my way to the penthouse when Amber called me four days ago. If I had stopped by then maybe I could've helped, but my daughter was being born and I just had to go.

Cleo didn't get into many details about what happened to her but I could see it in her eyes that it was bad.

Well, her fucking finger was cut off and she had a lot of cuts all over her body. She was wearing a simple black dress with thin straps at the moment, it exposed pretty much every single bruise she had.

There was a large cut on her cheek, another on her thigh, and the bandage she had on her shoulder was over a gunshot wound that matched Harry's, and let's not forget the very specific faint bruises around their necks that weren't from any fights. I was a bit shocked when I saw collar bruises around Harry's neck, that was something I never thought I'd see.

I was honestly with my jaw on the floor after they told me everything that happened and appreciated that they waited to tell me.

I would've lost my fucking mind back in New York and I was sure Harry knew it, thank god I got to spend some time with my daughter while my head was too fucked. I was so clueless about what was happening over here though, it seemed like a weird dream.

But their injuries were very much real, as much as they looked like they were healing nicely. The bruises and scars all over Cleo's legs plus Harry's bandaged right hand were only a few of the pieces of evidence left behind from what happened.

And thank god Harry offered me a glass of whiskey right after they told me, I needed alcohol to process this.

They were crazy as fuck, but only Harry and Cleo could easily handle this situation. And I also nearly gagged when she gave me a very detailed description of when she grabbed that guy's dick and cut it off, right before she literally made him choke on it... proceeding to cut his head off.