56

Cleo Horan

"I had a feeling we'd run into each other, it's been a while, babe... how's Harry? Oh, and I almost forgot, what about Niall? Was he decomposing by the time you found him? He was so weak... you'll join him soon, don't worry."

Liam's words kept echoing in my head over and over again while we were on our way to Ash's house, and I was in a really bad place mentally speaking.

You'll join him soon, don't worry.

He knew just what to say to completely break me and make me lose control, I really wasn't expecting this because it happened while I was trying to spot him at the bar, I walked around slowly until Liam suddenly came up behind me and groped me without my consent.

When I turned around, his face was the last one I expected to see. I thought it was Rowley and I actually smiled to keep the act... and that's when I recognized Liam.

I was too stunned to do anything at first because he was looking deep into my eyes and smiling back at me, completely calm and confident. He'd been watching me too... I underestimated him.

The sickness just took over my body and I had to stop myself from throwing up when I processed the fact he fucking touched me.

His brown eyes seemed darker with the pink lights around us and he actually leaned closer to whisper in my ear.

I overestimated myself.

I wasn't ready for this, I wasn't at all.

And I couldn't stop crying. I was sure he broke me for good, seeing him again so close to me just crushed the little sanity I had left.

Flashes of my many nightmares about Niall just kept replaying in my mind... his pale face and the gunshot in the middle of his forehead, the emptiness inside his eyes. Finding my little brother dead in his apartment, with no one to help him when he needed the most. It was my fault.

Liam knew what he was doing to get to me, probably because he knew exactly how I was feeling because his sister was also gone. He didn't hate me and Harry only because he thought we were involved with the trafficking all along, now I was certain he blamed Cindy's death on us as well.

I wasn't even sure if he knew I was the one who shot her, but if he was just as unstable as me then he probably didn't care who pulled the trigger, what mattered was that his sister was gone and he decided to blame us.

Did he say those words hoping to affect me enough as a distraction so he could leave? Or maybe to kill me?

I didn't know, and I didn't care. His words triggered something inside me that was stronger than any kind of rage I felt before, my skin was crawling the moment I reached for one of my knives and didn't hesitate to aim for his chest. I didn't care where I was, everything around me disappeared and my focus was solely on Liam.

He moved quickly though, my blade went through his shoulder but awfully close to his chest, and Liam roughly pushed me back and he chose to run before I could stab him again.

I knew I hurt him, blood was gushing out of his wound and he kept his hand pressed over his shoulder while he pushed people out the way so he could run, and some girls in the bar screamed when they realized what was happening.

Everything happened too fucking fast and I wasn't in control at all of my brain, I just kept holding my knife and I ran after Liam.

I could've sworn I heard gunshots too and more people screamed and started running as well, I knew the cops would be here soon because I kept hearing gunshots behind me, but I had to keep my eyes on Liam.