83

Harry Styles

Harry Styles

It was dark.

I forced myself to blink a few times but nothing changed the darkness around me. And this felt very oddly familiar.

The first thing I noticed was that I didn't panic though, the dark didn't terrify me and my brain was actually focusing on figuring out what the fuck was going on. Everything seems hazy.

My head hurt a lot. I could feel my wrists were tied behind my back and my ankles were also restrained. I was sitting on a chair... and as much as I tried to move, my body just hurt even more with the smallest of efforts. My hair was falling over my face and it was damp with sweat and blood probably.

The strained muscles and throbbing headache made my thoughts function in slow motion, and I started to remember slowly... driving to find Liam, waiting for Tais to call, parking the car where we were supposed to meet the men she said she'd send to help...

A fucking lie.

She was going to die for this, who the fuck did she think she was?

Her men attacked us and they actually caught us off guard, proving just how vulnerable we were, as if Cleo and I weren't distracted enough already.

Cleo.

I suddenly remembered seeing her getting her head bashed very hard against the hood of the car after one of the men surprised us, but before I could get to her I had to deal with the two other men trying to knock me out.

I tried calling her name but she managed to kill him on her own, and then she helped me... but she used her knife, not her gun. I just knew she was very hurt because her head was bleeding a lot, and there was nothing I could do because I watched her being knocked out before I could even move.

The man had a gun pointed at her head and that distracted me, I rushed towards her without paying attention to my surroundings, and then someone stopped me and hit me in the head. About three men were beating me up at the same time and all I could think of was getting to Cleo... but I was too weak.

Their orders definitely were to take us alive to Liam, but they made sure to hurt us enough to leave us physically vulnerable. Our mental vulnerability got us in this situation in the first place, I became so fucking weak when Cleo was involved, and seeing her getting hurt killed me inside. Cleo had looked into my eyes right before they knocked her out, and her face was practically covered in blood from the serious injury on her head. I could tell by the look in her eyes that she seemed lost... too anxious and vulnerable.

Just like me.

We weren't used to this, fuck, I wasn't used to this at all. I knew we were both strong, but we had to calm the fuck down before our brains could fuck things up for us even more... because here we were.

Liam planned it all and we fell right into his trap. He knew we'd be too focused on him and Gemma to even think that he could've had some backup himself. It wasn't just two versus one... it seemed like he knew what to expect from us while we were in the dark, literally now. Impulsiveness made you predictable.