Cleo Horan

I was in a bad mood but the reason was stupid.

That reason was named Tais.

Well, Harry and I had lunch at Amber's house and then we got ready to leave so we could come to talk to her. I couldn't help but feel wary and suspicious, but both Zayn and Harry trusted her and they said she could help.

I knew the jealousy was talking louder now and I gave up on trying to control myself, I'd just keep my mouth shut and let Harry handle this so we could go to my apartment. I just wanted to leave, being here in the tattoo parlor Harry used to own just gave me the scariest chills because the memories I had of this city weren't good.

Zayn told us Tais would be waiting for us on the alley right behind the parlor, and the plan was to talk to her inside our car, but Harry was restless and he decided to break in. He picked the lock on the backdoor and he guided the way until we reached her private office. I forgot he knew the place like the back of his hand.

It was empty and we'd been waiting in here for the past ten minutes now, and Harry had already texted her so she would know we were inside already. I felt slightly safer that we weren't out in the street but this building wasn't safe either way.

I knew this was supposed to be a cover-up just like Ash's tattoo parlor, and it was very weird for me to picture Harry working here and bossing people around... so much had happened and it was pretty much impossible to imagine our old lives.

Sometimes I wondered what would've happened if neither Harry nor I had accepted the list job... if we simply ignored it and then moved on with our lives. I was sure Anne would've found another way to catch our attention, and we couldn't forget dear Cindy and Liam, who were already plotting to kill us all in the first place.

Maybe getting closer to Harry through the list was the best option at the end of the day, we went through hell and back together and I honestly hated to think of an alternative where we didn't work as a team... where we weren't in love.

I knew he trusted Tais because he worked with her for years and so did Zayn, especially now that she was the one kinda managing everything, including drug deals and also gun trafficking.

To be honest, sometimes I wondered if anyone had dared to pick up where Desmond and my mother had left off. I mean, was someone secretly carrying on with the human trafficking business and just laying low because the FBI was onto the it now?

I wasn't stupid, I knew there was no way to end human trafficking or kill everyone involved with it... it was frustrating, especially since I was used by my own mother to assist her without even knowing what I was getting myself into.

Harry's case was worse, he was trafficked when he was a child and even so, Desmond used him to do his dirty work and forced him to get involved too.

He took advantage of his memory loss and also the fact Anne wasn't around anymore, he manipulated Harry and now we were as guilty as them.

Anne faking her death was fucking chaotic, I could understand her reasons and the desperation to put an end to all this, but she left an emotionally vulnerable Harry behind. He was broken and even more impulsive, but he managed to grow stronger despite all the shit he went through.

I mean, Anne was alive and he had to deal with the fact she faked her death and left him alone. His abandonment issues were even stronger because of his trauma, but I watched Harry deal with the whole situation much better than I ever would.

The days he simply disassociated from the world and seemed so lost inside his own mind were always going to be the scariest days of my life. I thought I'd lose him or that he simply wouldn't wake up, but he did.