82

Cleo Horan

Cleo Horan

And if you don't love me now
You will never love me again
I can still hear you saying
You would never break the chain

The song was playing at a very low volume in the background as Harry drove the car to the location Liam told us, and it was too late at night already so the streets were empty.

It was an hour drive and we both didn't know where the fuck that place was, but we looked on Google Maps and it seemed to be a house in a very deserted neighborhood, with abandoned construction sites around.

We were almost there actually, we rushed to the car the moment we hung up the call. Harry answered it and put it on speakerphone, and the sound of Liam's voice was enough to make my body tremble with rage. Anger seemed too simple of a word to describe how I was feeling, I was way past that.

My body felt tense because of the anxiety that was running through my veins, I could even feel it in my bones. I really tried to not let Liam get inside my head but the fact he had Gemma was triggering memories of me finding Niall dead in his apartment.

Harry had just found his sister again and Liam wanted to take that away from him? Fuck no.

I wasn't going to let him go through the same kind of pain I did... of feeling completely useless and unable to help the person you love. It was even worse for Harry because in all the memories he had of Gemma, she was taking care of him and keeping him safe.

He told me he was blaming himself, and guilt was possibly the cruelest feeling of them all. Harry said Gemma would've been fine if he hadn't walked into her life, but I also reminded him that we saved her life that night at Ash's house. If we hadn't taken her home with us, then Rowley's men most definitely would've killed her once they found her... or worse.

Gemma had been through enough physical and emotional abuse in her life, she didn't fucking deserve this. I was feeling a bit guilty myself because Harry and I both underestimated Liam. We thought we could retreat and think of a new plan... do things differently this time.

We were wrong.

Liam was playing dirty and making his own rules, but we were going to remind him who owned the game.

And that was the reason why we texted Zayn the wrong address.

Harry called him because he felt guilty as fuck for lying to him, but he wanted to keep Zayn safe and out of this mess. We knew Zayn would relapse and end up doing something stupid such as going to said address to help us.

We couldn't afford to have any more people getting hurt because of us, and Zayn had a family. He'd be very fucking pissed at us later, but it was better to apologize for lying and staying alive.

He'd understand once we explained it to him, we just didn't have time to sit and talk right now. Harry's phone was on silent and he was waiting for a confirmation text from Tais because we decided to have a little backup just in case.