34

Harry Styles

"Girl, I don't know how you're still conscious." The doctor told Cleo, huffing under her breath. She was a bit older than my mother and her green eyes were wide and concerned as she stitched Cleo up, but she seemed acceptable.

We'd finally arrived at the tattoo parlor and Ash wasn't going to open it today so her private doctor could take care of Cleo and also so we could relax a little after all the fucking stress we went through.

It'd been three hours since we left Ray's house and the only wound left to be stitched was the one on Cleo's cheek. It was a large gash on her face but this doctor was very good. She removed the bullet from her shoulder, stitched the deep cut on her thigh, cleaned up the other many cuts that fucking asshole had dared to leave on her body, and also took care of her cut off finger.

I was so fucking glad we had Ash to help us, I had no idea what we would've done if not.

It was still hard for me to process the past 24 hours, but I had to focus on the fact that Cleo was alive and safe. She was in a much better shape than I first thought she'd be, and she actually handled herself pretty damn well.

That's my girl.

I wanted us to rush to the doctor the moment I saw her though, because she was limping and covered in blood, it made me feel fo fucking worried. I knew she was strong but our bodies had limits and I didn't want her to reach them.

But she insisted on going after Ray and thank god he was dumb enough to go to his house and assume she wasn't going to get out, or else I was sure she would've hunted him down.

He had no fucking idea who she was, maybe he knew me when I was younger, but Cleo was much worse. She didn't have to say her name or make sure people knew it was her, she did her job and she left... no questions asked.

She literally cut his dick off and made him choke on it, and if I wasn't already certain that I was gonna love her forever, I'd be now.

She was just... fucking amazing. Of course I had to help her cut that bastard's head off, I also wanted to have the satisfaction. Even if he didn't rape her, he touched her and he hurt her. And now look where that got him.

We had to leave his body behind and Cleo only had time to get her new knife before we rushed out of his house, she was quite fond of this new blade. It was sharp as fuck and really big compared to her others, but the damage it could do was incredible.

I didn't have time to worry about evidence or the FBI, Cleo needed a doctor and we had to be safe. I killed pretty much everyone that crossed my way when I went to that abandoned building and I was sure they would assume it was some rival gang rather than only two people.

Well, they really got killed by two wounded psychopaths clearly not in their best shapes, and it was still easy.

Cleo knew we were the best team, we worked very well together.

"I can handle the pain," Cleo spoke up, smiling at the doctor. "But I really want some painkillers after you're done, my muscles are killing me and I really need to sleep."

"How's your neck? Those bruises are ugly around there, I just realized it." The woman furrowed her eyebrows and I had to suppress a smile.

I was sitting on the reclinable chair right next to Cleo's, also waiting for my turn to get stitches, and I knew my broken hand had to be immobilized.

Cleo just had to go first, she needed it much more than I did.

Ash was standing up and barely talking, she was so worried about us. I didn't know how to repay her, honestly. She made sure everything was ready for us once we got here and I knew she was risking a lot.