Prologue

Charlotte Potter sat alone in the Potter manor. The house was empty now. Her children had moved out, started their own lives, her husband had passed away the previous year. Her family met up regularly, and she loved them, but it was time.

She knew it was time. Today was the day her parents would be murdered by Voldemort. Today was October 31st. She signed as she stood up. That took too much effort already for an old witch like her. She stood up and walked to her desk, sealing her letters to her family away, but picking up the most important one. The one she would leave tonight. She tucked into her pocket and grabbed her wand, along with the time turner.

Charlotte looked at her parent's picture one last time, the parents that she never got to meet all thanks to Voldemort, but she has already made up her mind. Charlotte was going to save them. She was going to bring them back, screw the consequences.

She turned the time tuner ten times as Dumbeldore, before he passed, instructed her too. She watched everything change around, her life flashing around her.

Finally, after a couple of minutes, she landed in the manor that now her grandparents owned. She tucked the locket under her blouse and looked around the manor, taking her wand out. Her grandparents were some of the best aurors that the ministry ever had, but they had passed a while back, and it looked like no one had been home ever since. There was still breakfast on the table, and a coffee cup laying on its side, where an obvious stain on the table that dried. There was a newspaper with the food. Charlotte walked to the newspaper, checking the year. There were several missing and dead people on the cover.

Gideon and Fabian Prewett were found dead last night, at a muggle dinner that looked seemingly destroyed.

---

After apparating out of the manor, and reading the newspaper, Charlotte landed in front of the Potter house, in Godrics Hollow. She looked through the window, she saw James Potter, her father, giving her a piggyback ride, while her mother and Harry chased them around the house. They caught them and started laughing as they tickled Charlotte and James. James grabbed Lily's arm and kissed her on the lips. Harry and Charlotte looked at each other before making disgusted faces.

Charlotte didn't want to disturb their happy family, but she knew that if she didn't stop it now, then Voldemort will later tonight, and kill the family that she wanted, she needed. Taking a deep breath, she walked up to the door, taking her wand out. She pointed it at the door, and the lock clicked open. Charlotte turned the lock, the door creaked slightly, and she heard the laughing stop.

Her parents looked at her in horror, the babies starting to cry behind her.

"Who are you!" James Potter shouted.

"I'm here to help, I promise, when this is all over, you'll be happy," Charlotte said, as she pointed her wand at them, muttering the spell under her breath. They fell one after another, the babies screaming. She flicked her wand again, and they were tied up.

She lifted the bodies up with her magic; she was too weak lift them up alone, as the children watched.

"Mummy! Daddy!" Harry said, but he seemed oddly calm as he walked up to the lady, as if he knew her from somewhere, but couldn't know where.

"Don't worry, Harry. Mum and Dad will be fine, and so will you." She whispered, before she picked him up, and gave her hand to her baby self. The three of them went upstairs and into the nursery.

---

It was late that night when finally, Voldemort had arrived with Peter Pettigrew by his side, who had finally told him where James and Lily Potter were hiding. Voldemort blasted the door open before they both walked in.