Chapter 67 (Year 6)

Charlotte and Harry walked down to dinner together. Harry was checking the Muraders map as Charlotte teased him about Ginny.

"I'm pretty sure you almost fell off your broom last practice."

"A quaffle was thrown at me. What was I supposed to do but not duck?"

"I know, I threw it. You had little heart eyes. If Ron wasn't so nervous about the Ravenclaw matched, he would have noticed." Charlotte grinned. Harry shook his head, still not even looking up from the map.

"Don't even say that." He said, sounding nervous, as he walked into a suit of armor, falling on his back, with the armor all around him. Charlotte laughed as he stood up and they started running from the scene. Charlotte's smile fell as she noticed where Harry was leading them. He pressed his ear against the boy's bathroom door.

"Harry, let's go to dinner," Charlotte said, grabbing him by the arm. He shrugged her off and pushed open the bathroom door slowly. Draco stood with his back towards the door, his hands clutching the side of the sink. Draco stared at his

"Don't! Don't... tell me what's wrong... I can help you..." They heard Myrtle say as she floated by the bathroom stalls.

"No one can help me. Not even Charlotte." Draco said they could notice Draco was shaking. Charlotte wanted to go and hug him, but she was scared of what Harry was about to do. She refused to see Draco hurt.

"I can't do it... I can't...It won't work... and unless I do it soon... he says he'll kill me..." They could hear Draco crying harder before he looked up to see Harry. He didn't notice Charlotte standing in the corner yet. Draco took out his wand, and shot a hex at Harry, which missed, and shattered something by Harry's head. Harry shot a jinx that got blocked by Draco.

"No! No! Stop it!" Myrtle shouted,

"Stop!" Charlotte shouted, but they weren't listening. Another jinx was missed, and something had exploded by Harry again. Charlotte walked closer to the sink, covering her head from the metal that went flying as water started pouring by Harry. Myrtle started screaming as Harry slipped on the water and fell.

"Stop!" Charlotte yelled. Draco looked over at her, his wand still pointed at Harry, who took the opportunity to yell.

"SECTUMSEMPRA!" Charlotte didn't even realize what she was doing as she pushed Draco out the way and the spell hit her straight in the chest. Charlotte felt as if her face and body were cut open, and blood started pouring out. She staggered backward before falling into the water with a large splash.

"NO!" Draco shouted, falling to his knees beside her, as Harry ran over to them.

"What did you do? What the fuck did you do!" Draco shouted, as Myrtle started screaming and flew out of the bathroom.

"MURDER! MURDER IN THE BATHROOM! MURDER!"

"Charlotte! I'm sorry! No-I didn't mean- "Harry said, as Draco started covering her biggest cuts. Harry covered her smaller cuts as Charlotte's vision started fading.

"I'll kill you," Draco whispered to Harry, as more tears started streaming down his face.

"Charlotte, you're going to be okay," Draco whispered, but he couldn't help but stare at the bloody water.

"Charlotte I'm so sorry-"

"Shut up, Potter!" Draco yelled, not wanting to hear him speak.

"I'm sorry," Harry said, ignoring Draco, as the door burst open. Snape walked in, his face livid. He pushed Harry roughly to the side before kneeling over Charlotte's body. He traced Charlotte's deepest wounds with his wand, muttering an incantation under his breath. Draco watched as Charlotte's blood went back into her body, and her eyes were slowly opening again, as Snape muttered a second incantation.

"What happened?" Charlotte asked, still in pain. She saw Harry's horrified expression on the side of the room, and Draco's tear-stained face. As Snape muttered the third incantation.

"You need the hospital wing. There may be a certain amount of scarring, but if you take dittany immediately, we might avoid even that... Come..." Snape carefully helped Charlotte onto her feet.

"Draco, help Charlotte to the hospital wing, tell Madam Pomfrey what I said. She needs dittany immediately." Draco didn't need to be told, before he scooped Charlotte into his arms, and ran to the hospital wing.

---

Charlotte lay in the hospital wing bed. An hour later, she still had mild discomfort. Draco rested his head against the bed, staring up at Charlotte as she slept, still covered in her blood. Her eyes fluttered open. She smiled at Draco.

"Hm, you look tired." She said. Draco started laughing as he grabbed her hand, his thumb rubbing her palm.

"I wonder why?"

"I don't know why." She laughed, wincing a little.

"How are you feeling?" Draco asked as he pushed some fly-away hair from Charlotte's face.

"I'm okay. I've been better." Charlotte said,

"I should have gotten hit by that curse." Draco sighed,

"You think I'd let you? I knew Harry was going to say that curse."

"How?" Charlotte shrugged.

"Just did."

"Charlotte," Harry whispered. Charlotte smiled at him, but Draco glared at him.

"Get out."

"She's my sister! I want to talk to her."

"She's in this bed because of you!"

"Draco, it's okay. Why don't you go change and come back?" Charlotte told him, but Draco didn't budge as he glared at Harry.

"I want to talk to Harry," Charlotte said. Draco nodded, kissing Charlotte on the forehead before walking out. Harry sat down in the chair Draco vacated. Charlotte noticed his clothes were still stained with her blood.

"I'm so sorry, Charlotte. I didn't know what that curse was! It wasn't mean meant for you! I'm sorry!" Harry cried; Charlotte smiled.

"I know you didn't, Harry. I know what that spell did before you even said it." She said,

"Why would you even get in the way?" Harry asked,

"Because I love him." Harry signed,

"Dad's going to kill you," Charlotte said. Harry laughed.

"I deserve it."

"Yes, you do." Charlotte agreed.

"I'm sorry," Harry said, again.

"Stop apologizing. I'm out of here tomorrow." She said as Harry wiped his eyes.

"You should go rest. You almost killed someone today," Charlotte said.

"Don't remind me." Harry groaned, shaking his head at her.