Chapter 51 (Year 5)

"Harry! I am beginning you! Please do not get on the thestrals!" Charlotte said, Harry, ignored her.

"You're going to regret it if it goes wrong! I can't stop everything!" Charlotte shouted as they got on the thestrals.

"Charlotte! If you want to stay say that or get on the thestrals. Now." Harry shouted, Charlotte crossed her arms over her chest, glaring at Harry.

"Let's go gu-"

"Wait, I'm coming with you, or you'll screw it up," Charlotte shouted, as she got on behind Ginny.

The thestrals flew into the air, Charlotte screamed, wrapping her arms around Ginny's waist, and hiding her face in Ginny's back.

---

"This is it. it's through here -" Harry said after they had walked into the Ministry, searching for the right door that Harry was looking for. Harry pushed open the door, and it swung open. They edged in slowly.

"You said it was row ninety-seven," Hermione whispered.

"Yeah," Harry breathed, as they saw that they were in row fifty-three. There were candlelights that illuminated the whole room, but it was still quite dark.

"We need to go right, I think. Yes... that's fifty-four..." Hermione said as she squinted at the numbers in the next row.

"Keep your wands ready," Harry said, softly. They walked through the rows, reading the numbers, and getting closer. Charlotte's heart was beating against her chest so hard, that she felt like it was hurting. Her wand hand was shaking, as she made nervous eye contact with Hermione.

"Ninty-seven!" Hermione whisper-yelled. They looked down the row, but no one seemed to be there.

"He's right down at the end. You can't see properly from here." Harry said, stubbornly. They walked down the aisle, passing shelves and shelves of glass ords.

"He should be near here. Anywhere here... really close..." Harry whispered.

"Harry?" Hermione whispered.

"Harry, I promise you Sirius is not here right now," Charlotte whispered.

"We need to go right now," Charlotte said, hoping her voice didn't sound panicky, as they reached the end of the row.

"He might be..." Harry whispered hoarsely, peering down the next alley.

"Or maybe..." He hurried to look down at the one beyond that.

"Harry," Hermione said,

"What!" He snarled,

"I... I don't think Sirius is here." Hermione said.

"Harry?" Ron called over.

"What?"

"Have you seen this?" Ron asked, staring at a glass ord.

"What?" Harry replied a little more fiercely.

"It's — it's got your name on," Harry moved closer to Ron, having to crane his neck to see it.

"What is it? What's your name doing down here?" Ron asked.

"Don't touch it!" Charlotte shouted, her voice echoing off the walls.

"I'm not here. None of the rest of us are here." Ron said.

"Harry, I don't think you should touch it," Hermione said, eyeing Charlotte.

"Don't touch it, Harry! I mean it!" Charlotte shouted, but Harry seemed not to hear her, as he reached out for it.

"Stop! Harry! Stop!" Charlotte shouted as she ran over to him, grabbing him by the arm to stop him.