Chapter 35 (Summer)

Charlotte had expected to spend the summer at 12 Grimmulad place with the rest of the order of the phoenix, and the Weasley, but she stayed at the Potter manor, with her family for a month now, Harry growing restless with every day that passes with no news from the others.

Charlotte, on the other hand, was getting plenty of letters from Draco, Lavender, and Parvati, which annoyed Harry more than he'd like to admit.

"I mean, I know they're sending letters to each other. They have to be! Why am I getting no news from Ron or Hermione? Why have mum and dad banned us from reading the daily-"

"SHUT UP!" Charlotte shouted from her bed. Harry had come into her room around three in the afternoon during one of his daily rants about their parents, his friends, Dumbledore.

"No! I will not! I need answers." Harry said as he sat on her bed.

"And you think by pacing in my room, shouting all your questions at me, you will have an answer? Guess what your answer is? I have a fucking headache." Charlotte huffed as she folded the letter Draco had sent her and put it on the nightstand. Harry lay on her bed, thinking.

"You know what I need?"

"A new life? A hobby? Quidditch doesn't count." Charlotte muttered under her breath. Harry glared at her.

"Quidditch is a hobby!"

"You defiantly won this argument. I'm so moved. Quidditch is not just a wired obsession for all the boys here, it's a hobby," Charlotte said, nodding. Harry rolled his eyes.

"Do you want to go play a game? Let's play!"

"Will it stop you from asking me questions?" Charlotte asked as she sat up from her bed. Harry nodded.

"Fine, let's go play." They both raced out of her room and down the stairs.

"Hey! Slow down! Where are you two going?" James shouted as they ran into the kitchen.

"Quidditch!" They both shouted.

"Slow down or one of you... and there gone." James huffed as he walked to the couch with a snack in his hands.

"Ha! I made it before you!" Harry shouted. They had decided to race each other, both wanting Harry's firebolt that Sirius had given him for Christmas.

"That's not fair! You have longer legs than I do! I think I should have had a five-second head start." Charlotte said as she grabbed the other broom.

"Next time," Harry said. Harry had struggled a lot the first couple of days after the quidditch task, and still did. He was angry and yelled at everyone, but today was thankfully not a day where it was too bad.

"You said that last time!"

"And I'll say it again next time," Harry said, as they got in the air. Charlotte scowled at him, but really was just thankful that today Harry wasn't yelling at her about answers. She knew she couldn't explain just yet.

---

They had played for a couple of hours. Charlotte's arm was sore by the time they had finished, and we're putting everything back.

"I totally won that last round," Charlotte smirked. Harry rolled his eyes.

"Last round maybe. I won everything."

"See it's because you have more practice than I do, being on the quidditch team and everything- "Charlotte stopped talking mid-sentence, as suddenly the air turned chilly, the lights on their back porch started flickering before going completely out, and she could feel all the happiness draining out of her.