Chapter 29 (Year 4 Yule)

"We're going to be late; we're going to be late." Lavender kept muttering under her breath as the girls were rushing around their dorms to get ready.

"Lavender, stop saying that, or I'm going to smack you," Parvati warned, as she slipped on her last earring. Charlotte slipped on her shoes and stood up.

"Are you two done?" Parvati called out. They nodded.

"Yes!" Charlotte yelled back as she looked at herself in the mirror one more time. She had done her hair in a long side braid, with a couple of curled strands out that framed her face. Lottie's dress was a mint green dress that had several large mint-colored stars. It was a single strap that also had off-the-shoulder ruffles.

 It was a single strap that also had off-the-shoulder ruffles

"Yes," Lavender called out.

The three of them walked downstairs to the common room, where all their dates were already waiting for them. Charlotte looked around for George, spotting him in the corner with his friends.

"Charlotte, you look amazing."

"I love your hair, and your dress compliments you so well." Angelina and Alicia Spinet, Lee Jordon's date, said,

"Thank you. You both look great, too." She said.

"Do you guys want to go down now? We're going to be late." Charlotte said they nodded. George offered Charlotte his arm.

"Milady, ready for this dance?"

"Oh, you have no idea," She laughed, as she took it.

---

Draco was waiting for the doors of the Yule ball to open, so they could all move inside, and he could somehow get rid of Pansy. She was clinging to his arm so tight; he was scared that there would be tiny bruises by the morning. He heard several pairs of heels coming down the stairs, and when he looked over his shoulder, trying to see whose group was laughing so annoyingly loud, before spotting Charlotte.

Draco's whole body turned, wanting to watch her come down the stairs. He audibly gasped, not even wanting to blink in case he missed her. His mouth slightly parted as he watched her come down the stairs with Weasley.

I should have asked her, why didn't I ask her?

Draco thought as she walked past, so busy talking to her date that she didn't even notice him.

"Draco! Draco!" Pansy called, snapping her fingers in his face.

"What?" He snapped at her,

"I have been calling your name. We can go inside." She said,

"Oh right, let's go." He said, shaking his head to focus.

They entered all standing to the side as they watched the Champions enter. Charlotte clapped loudly for Harry and Parvati. The music started and the four champions started the first dance with their dates.