Chapter 54 (Year 6)

Charlotte entered the Hogwarts Express after saying goodbye to her family, after spending her summer with the Weasleys. She searched for Lavender and Parvati, finding them in the same compartment they always were in.

"Hi!" Charlotte said as she entered the compartment. They both greeted her as she sat down across from them.

"How were your summers?" Charlotte asked,

"Horrible. My parent didn't let me out. I mean, I did understand why, but still. It was boring." Lavender signed.

"Mine is the same. My parents didn't even want me and Padma to come back this year. We had to convince them it was okay since Dumbledore is here."

"I always forget your twin," Lavender commented.

"Anyway, have you spoken to Draco?" Parvati said, rolling her eyes at Lavender.

"He didn't write to me all summer." Charlotte signed.

"So, you two broke up?"

"Not if I have anything to do with it," Charlotte muttered under her breath, shaking her head and crossing her arms over her chest.

"I did see him getting quite cozy with Pansy when I passed his compartment," Parvati commented. Charlotte rolled her eyes.

"Oh, I'm going to kill him for that." Charlotte nodded.

"Have you seen Ron Weasley? He got very cute this year." Lavender grinned.

"Isn't he dating Hermione?" Parvati asked. Charlotte shook her head.

"Nope."

"Perfect then. I will simply work my magic on him."

"Magic? You've never even had a boyfriend." Parvati commented as she and Charlotte started giggling.

"I still have magic!" Lavender snapped, making the two laugh harder.

---

An hour later, a second-year boy opened the compartment door.

"I'm supposed to deliver this to Charlotte Potter." He said, handing it to Charlotte.

"Thank you." She said as he walked out.

"What is it?" Parvati asked,

"It's an invitation," Charlotte said as she opened it.

Charlotte,

I would be delighted if you would join me for a bite of lunch in compartment C.

Sincerely,

Professor H. E. F Slughorn.

"Who's Slughorn?" Parvati asked as she and Lavender read Charlotte's note over her shoulder.

"He's the new professor. He was here when my Mum and Dad went to Hogwarts. He liked to make a club full of connected students." Charlotte explained.

"Well, I'm offended that I wasn't picked," Lavender said.

"Don't be. It's going to suck. I'll see you guys later. This is going to take forever." Charlotte huffed, before opening the compartment door and seeing Neville and Harry.

---

"Harry, m'boy!" Slughorn shouted as the three entered.

"Good to see you, good to see you! And this must be your sister, Charlotte! Nice to meet you! And you must be Mr. Longbottom!" Professor Slughorn said. Charlotte smiled.

"Nice to meet you too, sir," Charlotte said.

"You look just like your mother! Just like her! Will I be seeing you in potions this year?" He asked as they sat down, feeling squished.