Chapter 66 (Year 6)

The following week was the apparition test. Charlotte's birthday had not come up, so she walked to potions class that day with Harry.

"All too young to Apparate just yet? Not turned seventeen yet?" Slughorn asked when he entered the room. There had only been four people in the class. Ernie from Hufflepuff, Draco, Harry, and her. She sat next to Draco, who looked exhausted.

"Ah well, as we're so few, we'll do something fun. I want you all to brew me up something amusing!" Slughorn said after everyone shook their heads.

"That sounds good, sir," Ernie said.

"What do you mean, 'something amusing'?" Draco asked, annoyed.

"Oh, surprise me!" Slughorn shrugged.

"What's wrong?" Charlotte asked Draco.

"I think this class is wasting my time. There are only four people here. We should just cancel it." He signed as he opened his book. Charlotte stared at him. His shin looked a little gray, he looked a little skinner, and he looked tired.

"Ms. Potter, your potion must be more interesting than Mr. Malfoy," Slughorn said. Charlotte shook her head, out of her daze.

"Sorry, sir."

"Lovesick, aren't you?" Slughorn laughed, Charlotte blushed and nodded as she opened her Advance potions book.

---

An hour and a half later, they were all done with their potions. Slughorn came around to Charlotte and Draco's table. He looked at Draco's Hiccupping solution.

"Hm... well, it's passable," Slughorn said, as he picked up the spoon and stirred the potion. Slughorn turned to Charlotte's Pompion potion, which turned the drinker's head into a pumpkin. Slughorn started laughing as he stirred the potion.

"This is wonderful, Ms. Potter."

"Would you like to try it, sir?" Charlotte asked teasingly.

"Oh no, no, no." Professor Slughorn said, waving his hand as he stepped away, and walked to Erine and Harry's table.

---

Charlotte, with her arms filled with food, walked to the room of requirements. Crabbe, she guessed, haven taken Polyjuice potion to look like a first-year girl standing in front of the door.

"Nice skirt." She said, knowing it would annoy him.

He did not like Charlotte, since she was a half-blood, but didn't say anything as she entered the room.

"Crabbe I said go away-oh it's just you, Charlotte. What are you doing here? You don't usually come in the afternoon?" He asked, pushing some books and parchments away from the table so she can put the food down.

"You just looked a little... hungry for potions. So I thought we could have lunch here." Charlotte said. He looked at his watch.

"I don't really have time-"

"I bought food you can eat and work with." She said, shoving a drumstick in his hand.

"Fine," Draco said, his stomach winning the battle his mind was losing.

"I think Crabbe might be leaving soon," Charlotte said, as she sat in the chair, and started eating her lunch.

"Why?"

"I told him I liked his skirt

"I think I'll have to buy him another one then," Draco said,

"Anyway, I have to go. I just wanted to drop off some food." Charlotte said,

"I thought you said we'd have lunch together?" Draco said, as he grabbed another drumstick, and some bread.

"Well, I lied. I already ate lunch. I just wanted to drop it off. I'll see you tonight." Charlotte said, kissing Draco on the cheek, before leaving.

---

"Hold still." Parvati hissed at Charlotte. They sat on the common room couch. Charlotte sat on the ground, her back pressed against Parvati's legs, as Parvati braided her hair.

"You're hurting me." Charlotte hissed.

"You asked me to braid your hair, so stop fussing." Charlotte signed, but nodded.

"Fine." Lavender sat on the couch next to them, pouting.

"I can't find Ron anywhere." She muttered, crossing her arms over her chest.

"Did you check everywhere?" Charlotte asked, knowing he was up in the dormitories with Harry and Hermione. Harry was going to take his liquid luck potion and go see Slughorn.

"Well, I haven't checked his dorm, but I refuse to go up there. Five boys live there. It's probably smelly and gross." Lavender said.

"Hermione seems to have no problem going up there," Parvati commented.

"What?" Lavender said, Parvati tilted her head at the boy's stairs. Hermione and Ron were walking down the stairs, alone. Lavender stood up and marched over to them.

"What were you doing up there with her?" Lavender shrieked.

"Oh, this is going to be bad," Parvati said, as she finished Charlotte's braid, and Charlotte sat on the couch.

"We-I-um-you see- "Ron said, stuttering.

"Don't push me, please, Dean. You're always doing that; I can get through perfectly well on my own!" Ginny yelled from the portrait hole.

"What is going on?" Parvati asked.

"I didn't even fucking touch you!" Dean shouted, sounding angry.

"Really! Then who just brushed up against me? You were the only one in there!" Ginny yelled.

"You're my boyfriend! What do you think it looks like when you come down from your dormitory with another girl? Your best friend too!" Lavender shouted.

"We didn't do anything!" Ron shouted, his ears turning red.

"Yeah, like I'm supposed to believe that you two were just sitting chatting up there, alone. All your roommates are out here!"

"Harry's not!" Ron said,

"Harry left already!" Charlotte shouted.

"Charlotte, you're not helping." Ron snapped.

"You're welcome!"

"Dean, all you do is help me through the portrait! Do you think I need help? Do I look five to you?" Ginny shouted.

"No! I just want to help-"

"Stop fucking helping!"

"Why are you so mad today? It's not a big deal." Dean said.

"Of course, you don't think it's a big deal!" Ginny yelled. Dean stepped back, very confused and angry.

"We were just talking! I haven't cheated." Ron yelled from the other side of the room.

"Oh my god, this is crazy," Parvati said, as she looked between the two couples.

"You know what? I'm breaking up with you Ron." Lavender shouted, tears streaming down her face as she ran up to her dorm.

"Dean! You do these tiny things that bother the hell out of me. We're done." Ginny shouted, storming upstairs to her own dorm, leaving Dean to wonder what had just happened.

"What the hell just happened?" Parvati asked, starting to laugh.

"We should really go check on Lavender," Charlotte said, dragging Parvati up and both of them going upstairs to comfort Lavender.