Chapter 30 (Year 4)

Charlotte had avoided Draco for a week. Lavender and Parvati had been wondering about her wired behavior all week but had said nothing.

"Charlotte," Lavender said, as she watched Charlotte jump out of sight when Draco had turned the corner.

"Yes?"

"What are you doing? Why are you hiding from Malfoy?" She asked,

"I'm not hiding. What gave you that impression?" Charlotte laughed as she looked around the hallway, making sure it was clear.

"You jumping to the corner to hide maybe a small hint," Parvati said, as they continued their walk to the potion's classroom.

"That's nothing."

"Well, it's definitely something," she said.

"It-well-"

"You've been acting strange ever since the Yule Ball. I saw you sneak out. Where did you go?" Parvati commented.

"Nowhere," she said, as they entered the classroom. Draco watched Charlotte sit down with her friends. He tried catching her eye, but she made sure not to look over at him. He took out a piece of parchment, scribbled down a note. He folded it into a swan, looked over to see Snape was still not in the room, before throwing it towards her.

It landed perfectly on her desk, and she looked around, confused, before picking it up.

Meet me in front of the library, after potions. We need to talk.

-D.M

Charlotte looked over at Draco, shaking her head. Draco signed, and ran a hand through his hair, as Snape entered the classroom and started his lesson.

---

"Charlotte, would you like to explain why you've been acting wired now?" Parvati asked as the three of them entered their dorm room.

"Yeah, Charlotte. Are you alright? Did something happen? Is something bothering you?" Lavender asked.

"Maybe," Charlotte said, as she let her hair out of its tight ponytail.

"Come on, you can tell us. We won't tell anyone we promise!" Parvati said, Charlotte signed as she sat on her bed.

"You really want to know?" Charlotte asked. They both nodded, as they sat on Charlotte's bed.

"Draco kissed me at the ball." She whispered; both of the girls gasped.

"No way!"

"Oh, my merlin!"

"Yes, that's why I've been avoiding him. He wants to talk about it. I want to ignore it."

"How did it happen?"

"Did you like it?"

"Is he a good kisser?"

"Where is did it happen?"

"One question at a time!" Charlotte laughed, as they almost started jumping in their seats.

"How did it happen?" Lavender said.

Charlotte explained to them everything that had happened to the Yule ball last week, answering all the millions of questions they kept asking.

"So, what are you going to do now?" Parvati asked,

"Nothing, what should I do?" Charlotte said.

"Go talk to him!" Lavender shouted, shaking Charlotte by the shoulders.

"I don't know,"

"Charlotte, you like him! And he likes you. It's obvious. Go talk to him." Parvati said, just as excited as Lavender.

"Oh, I don't know." She said again. Lavender and Parvati both shared an annoyed look.

"Charlotte you get your arse out there, or I'm going to tell Professor Snape you were the one who put the hair loss potion in his drink."

"I was this close! This close to getting him bald!" Charlotte signed, before yelling.

"No! Wait okay, okay! I'll go!"

"Good!" They both shouted, as Charlotte stood up, and walked out the dorm.

---

Charlotte walked down to the Slytherin common room, ready to explain everything to Draco.  As she turned the corner, she bumped into someone, and almost

"Watch out where you're going-oh it's you, are you okay?" Draco asked, as Charlotte almost fell over but managed to catch herself.

"Yes, I'm fine. I was actually going to look for you." She said,

"So we can finally talk?" He smirked, crossing his arms over his chest as he leaned against the wall.

"Not here. Anyone can hear us." She said as she looked around the hallway. She grabbed his arm and pulled him into a broom closet.

"Can we talk now?" He asked, as he crossed his arms and leaned against the wall.

"Yes, we can," Charlotte said as she looked around the room.

"Listen, I know maybe if it was a mistake, and you probably regret it, and it was the Yule Ball magic or something and you've been asking me to see you for a week to tell me you don't feel the same way, I get it, now you probably never want to see me again. But I like you, and I just realized after you kissed me that I do! And now you probably never want to speak to me again. "Charlotte said in one breath.

"Are you done?" Draco asked,

"Yes, I think so."

"Okay, first of all, no, it wasn't a mistake or the Yule magic. I've been wanting to talk to you all week because..." He said as he walked closer to her.

"I like you Charlotte. I have liked you for a while. I didn't ask to kiss you for nothing." He said, grabbing her hand and lacing their fingers together. Charlotte's face was getting redder by the second.

"And I'd like to think you like me, even if you've been hiding all week."

"I haven't been hiding."

"I saw you jump and hide in the corner when I walked past this morning." He said, smirking.

"Well, you weren't supposed to see that." She said. Draco laughed, shaking his head at him.

"The only issue is my parents. You know how my family is, I can't tell them my girlfriend is Charlotte Potter."

"I know, and my family would be the same. I think it's best if we keep it a secret for now." She told him, staring at their hands.

"Perfect," Draco said, as he leaned down and kissed her on the lips. Charlotte put her hand on his cheek, smiling into the kiss.