Chapter 11 (Year 3)

Charlotte gasped as Draco turned around and started running towards the castle. Charlotte jumped up and ran after him. Charlotte was fast, but Draco was faster. He was terrified. He ran all the way into the halls of Hogwarts; he considered screaming, but thought maybe Peter Pettigrew would come after him.

"Draco!" Charlotte called after him, but he wasn't listening. She sped up. He was getting slower, trying to find someone to tell, but that only made Charlotte tackle him to the ground.

"Ow!" Draco said, as his chin smacked onto the ground, and Charlotte put her full weight on top of him.

"Don't you dare scream," She whispered into his ear. She got off of him, and pulled him by the arm, and into the nearest door.

"Help! Crazy lady!" He shouted, as he was dragged into a broom closet.

"Lumos!" She said, the tip of her wand lit up into a small white ball.

"Peter! You're with a murder! Are you trying to kill your whole family? What are doing with that man!" He yelled; Charlotte covered his mouth with her hand.

"Shut up and listen! If I let you go, will you stop screaming?" Charlotte asked. He nodded. She dragged her hand away. Draco was watching her nervously, the only thought running through his head was she was about to kill him.

"Peter Pettigrew is innocent." She told him.

"What?" Draco asked,

"He's innocent," She repeated,

"I heard that! How?" He asked. Charlotte signed and started explaining everything to him. Draco listened intently, nodding along with every word Charlotte said.

"And you believe him?" He asked once she was finished.

"Yes, I do."

"How? How has he proved it to you? Peter Pettigrew is famous for your family's betrayal, and you're going to come here and tell me he's innocent?" Draco asked. Charlotte nodded.

"He is, Draco. Please, you have to keep this a secret." She begged. Draco thought about it before smirking.

"What's in it for me?" Charlotte gaped at him.

"Well, I could just go, say I saw Pettigrew in the forest, and you were with him. You'll get arrested, Pettigrew will get arrested, I'll get the reward, honestly that sounds like the better option, so tell me, what's in it for me?" He asked, smirking, as he leaned against the wall with his arms crossed over his chest.

"You are an ass, Draco Malfoy." Charlotte huffed.

"Not the first time I've heard that, probably won't be the last, so come on tell me." Draco shrugged.

"What would you want?" She asked. Draco bit his bottom lip, as he looked at the celling of the broom closet and thought.

"Hm let's see." He teased.

"I want you to spend every Saturday with me."

"What? Why in the world would I do that?"

"Because It'll piss off Potter, and that's always been a goal of mine, you know." Malfoy said. Charlotte groaned.

"Anything else?"

"Nothing you can do for me, exactly. You don't play quidditch, so I can't ask you to throw the match. I don't know how good you are in school yet, so you can't do my work for me, so we can settle on the last one, us bothering Potter." Draco smirked, as he studied his nails like this was the most boring conversation he ever had.

"You promise you won't tell anyone about Peter?" Charlotte asked. Draco nodded.

"I swear on my mother's life that I will never tell anyone about Pettigrew." Draco said, dramatically putting a hand on his heart.

"Fine, but I can't say, I'll enjoy it."

"I never said you were, I won't either, but if it makes Potter angry, then I'll enjoy it." He said, smirking. Secretly, he was going to enjoy it, because it would bother her as well.

"I hate you,"

"I hate you too, but I'll keep your secret." Draco smirked. He started fixing his shirt. It had gotten messed up when he was running and when Charlotte had tackled him. Suddenly, the door opened, making them both jump.

"What are you two doing!" Harry demanded. Fred and George had just given him the Marauders map when they pointed out that Charlotte and Draco were in a closet together. Harry, who was supposed to be already on his way to Hogsmeade, had to come find out what she was doing. He looked between Draco's messed up hair, and clothes, and Charlotte's flushed face.

"Harry! It's not what it looks like!" She said, as Harry grabbed her by the arm and pulled her out, slamming it shut on a smirking Malfoy. He wanted this reaction exactly.

"What were you doing!"

"Talking!" Charlotte yelled,

"You were talking with him? Him! In a closet!" Harry demanded.

"Listen Harry! I swear- "The closet door opened again, and Malfoy strolled out.

"I'll see you on Saturday." Draco said, looking directly at Charlotte and winking before walking away. Harry was fuming. He wanted to go rip his head off.

"I'm going to kill him."

"You are not! You are going to Hogsmeade! Go!" Charlotte yelled at Harry.

"I-"

"No! You need to go because you've been crying about going to Hogsmeade for the entire year! Understand? I'm going to stay here." She said.

"Are you sure you don't want to come with?" Harry asked. Charlotte did want to, but she knew that Peter was probably pacing around the forest, trying to figure out if he should run or not.

"No, maybe next time." She said, Harry nodded.

"Okay, I better head out. I'll see you when I get back." He said. Charlotte nodded, and waited for him to turn the corner before she ran down the hallway, out the castle and into the forest. Peter was waiting by the food, in his rat form pacing.

"Peter, it's okay. He won't tell anyone." Charlotte said. Peter transformed back into his human self, still looking terrified.

"Who was that?"

"That was Draco Malfoy."

"A Malfoy! He'll never do it! His parents were death eaters."

"Don't worry, he promised me he wouldn't tell anyone. He wanted something from me, and I gave it to him." Charlotte explained.

"What does he want from you?" Peter asked as Charlotte sat down and pointed to the food. He sat down and started eating.

"He wants me to spend every Saturday with him." Peter choked on his food; Charlotte handed him some pumpkin juice.

"Why would he want that? Does he fancy you or something?"

"God, no! He just wants to use me to bother Harry. Harry hates him, some spending time with Malfoy to kill him. Even if it means making us both suffer." Charlotte shrugged. As Peter handed her some food to eat, he didn't want to be the only one eating.

"You don't have to. I'll go somewhere else. It'll be fine." Peter shrugged. He felt bad for putting her in a position she didn't like.

"No, no, honestly, it's fine. Malfoy would just have found another way to bother me and Harry anyway." Charlotte explained, but Peter also didn't understand or know that he needed to be here, so that Buckbeak could still be saved, and that so the others can see that he is still innocent.

"Are you sure?"

"Of course, now eat." Charlotte said.