Chapter 58 (Year 6)

Charlotte was now the unwillingly new chaser of the team, after a couple of dreadful days of practicing, the first match had arrived. That morning, Charlotte woke up a bundle of nerves, she heard an owl tapping on the window. She sat up, realizing it was her parent's owl, and opened the window to let him in.

She took the letter from the owl before it flew away, looking annoyed that it had to fly in the cold. Charlotte yawned as she sat on her bed, and opened the letter. Her parents wished her a good match, and mainly James giving her tips on how to beat the other Chasers.

Charlotte chuckled as she put the letter down on her nightstand and started getting ready for the match.

---

Charlotte, who was running a little late due to Parvati and Lavender telling her she needed to get enough food to be prepared for the match.

Draco turned the corner, spotting Charlotte who was too busy in thought to notice him. He smiled, the first time in what felt like months, seeing how concentrated she was on Quidditch.

"Good luck." He said, making her jump.

"Merlin, you scared me. What did you say?" Charlotte said, surprised.

"Good luck, on your match."

"Oh...thank you." She said, surprised he was speaking to her.

"Yeah." He said, before walking away.

What the hell?

Charlotte thought before running to the changing room.

---

"Charlotte! I thought you weren't coming!" Harry said, jumping from his bench. He seemed to be a nervous wreck thinking Charlotte wasn't coming, and they would have to throw the match.

"Don't worry, I wouldn't do that to you, Harry," Charlotte said, the two ran out to the quidditch field. Charlotte stood behind Ginny and Demelza and Harry went to the front where the Quidditch Captain stood.

"Mount your brooms. On the whistle...three...two...one..." They soared into the sky.

"Well, there they go, and I think we're all surprised to see the team that Potter's put together this year. Many thought, given Ronald Weasley's patchy performance as Keeper last year, that he might be off the team, but of course, a close personal friendship with the captain does help. Along with his sister, who was not seen in tryouts, a pity place?" Zacharias There were cheers from the Slytherin side.

"Oh, and here comes Slytherin's first attempt on goal, it's Urquhart streaking down the pitch and Harry's stomach turned over. Weasley saves it, well, he's bound to get lucky sometimes, I suppose..."

---

"YES!" Harry shouted as he shoved his fist in the air, showing the snitch. It took a second for the crowd to notice before it burst into cheers. The team all flew into a midair hug.

"Ginny, where are you going?" Harry shouted, as she flew past everyone, and straight into the commentator's post. The crowd laughed and shrieked, as Zacharias stirred on the ground.

"Forgot to brake, Professor, sorry." Ginny shrugged, as they got down. Harry ran up to her and hugged her very quickly, before avoiding her gaze and rushing away. Ginny watched him walk away confused.

"Charlotte! You were great!" Lavender shouted as she and Parvati walked up to Charlotte.

"We would hug you, but you're really sweaty." Parvati laughed.

"Ah, that's okay!" Charlotte said as she threw her arms around them.

"Ew Charlotte!" Lavender said, even though they were giggling.

"You need to go change, Seamus said there's going to be a party."

"Yeah, I'll be there soon!" Charlotte said, they nodded before walking away.

---

"Charlotte!" Lavender said as she entered the common room. She had a cup of what Charlotte thought was butterbeer but wasn't quite sure.

"Lavender? What are you drinking? And how many cups have you had?" Charlotte asked as Lavender threw an arm around Charlotte.

"Firewhiskey?" Lavender nodded, giggling.

"Just one! Liquid courage before I do what I need to do!" Lavender winked, as she downed the rest of it, handed the cup to Charlotte, and walked up to Ron who was sitting on the couch talking with Seamus. She sat down next to him, put her hand on his shoulder, and kissed him.

"She's been talking about it all night," Parvati said, as she walked up to Charlotte.

"I'm glad she did it." Charlotte shrugged, but she couldn't stop herself from looking around for Hermione. She spotted Hermione on the girl's dormitory stairs, her eyes filled with tears as she watched Ron and Lavender before running out the exit.

"Hermione," Charlotte called, but she had a feeling Hermione wouldn't want to talk to her since Lavender was her best friend.

"I thought they weren't together?" Parvati said as she looked at the door where Hermione had just exited.

"They aren't." Charlotte signed, shaking her head, as Harry entered the common room.

After a couple of minutes, of dogging several people Harry managed to make it to Charlotte.

"Where are Ron and Hermione?" Charlotte pointed towards Lavender and Ron.

"You won't get to talk to him any time soon," Charlotte said, shaking her head.

"He's a filthy little hypocrite," Ginny told them.

"It looks like he's eating her face, doesn't it? But I suppose he's got to refine his technique somehow." Ginny shrugged.

"Anyway, good game guys. You did amazing for your first game Charlotte." Ginny said, patting them both on the arm before walking away. Harry looked at her longingly.

"The whole room is about to know you like her Harry if you don't stop looking at her like that," Charlotte commented. Harry ignored her.

"Hey, where's Hermione?"

"You might want to check one of the classrooms. She's upset." Charlotte explained, he nodded before walking out of the common room. Charlotte signed, she felt like everyone was falling in love or getting together all around her, yet she was the one who got dumped.

I was the one who got a boyfriend first! I was the one in a happy relationship, why do I get to be the one alone now?

Charlotte thought, before deciding that she was in no party mood anymore, and didn't think Lavender or Parvati were going to notice her leaving.

---

Charlotte tossed and turned in bed hours later, it was currently 3 am, and all her friends had gone to bed, but she just couldn't stop her mind from wandering away.

What if I just do what Lavender did and go for it?

Charlotte thought, but she shook her head.

No, no I don't even know where he is, he could be in the room of requirement, or his dorm. Security is tight right now, there's no point.

Charlotte thought as she turned to lay on her stomach.

But what if I just try? He could be in his dorm, sleeping. No! No! I need to sleep! Let me sleep! How am I not sleeping when I just finished my match?

Charlotte thought as she moved onto her stomach. She tried to shut her mind off again, but it felt like nothing was working.

"You know what I'm just going to try, let me try." Charlotte thought as she sat up, and put on her slippers before walking out of her dorm room.