Chapter 48 (Year 5)

"Now, everyone, today's lesson is going to be about the Patronus Charm," Harry said. Everyone started cheering, in their lesson for D.A that day.

"Okay, okay! First, everyone makes some space for each other. Now what you want to do is think of your happiest memory and perform the spell. "Expecto Peturnom!". It won't come from your first try, maybe not even today. And it will be even harder since we're in a brightly lit room without a threat, like a dementor. Go on everyone!" Harry yelled.

Everyone made space and took out their wands. The whole classroom was filled with a silver mist that had been coming out of some of their wands. Finally, Fred shouted from the front of the room, his magpie soaring around the room.

"Wow, it's beautiful," Lavender said, as it flew by her ear. George was next, and he had the same magpie.

Soon several people were producing Patronus charms everywhere. Charlotte had been struggling, her wand was producing a sliver mist but nothing else.

"Think of your childhood," Lavender suggested.

"I hated my childhood."

"You know we don't know anything about your childhood or how you just appeared in our third year?" Parvati commented.

Charlotte didn't answer as she tried to think. Then finally when she remembered how happy she was to finally have a family, and her family being the Potters. Then finally a large, elegant fox flew out of her wand.

"Wow, Charlotte, it's amazing!" Lavender said as it jumped around Charlotte.

"It is."

"Oh, don't be such a killjoy! They're so pretty!" They heard Cho say to her friend.

"They're not supposed to be pretty, they're supposed to protect you. What we really need is a Boggart or something; that's how I learned. I had to conjure a Patronus while the Boggart was pretending to be a Dementor -" Harry said patiently.

"But that would be really scary! And I still -can't - do it!" Lavender said, angrily.

"Think of something happy!" Harry was telling everyone that was still struggling.

"Harry, I think I'm doing it Look - ah -it's gone... but it was definitely something hairy, Harry!"

"They are sort of nice, aren't they?" Hermione asked, watching her sliver otter.

"I don't understand why it's not working," Lavender said,

"It's okay, Lavender. Harry said it takes a couple of days."

"Then how come everyone else got it from the first try?"

People started looking around at Harry, who was talking to a house-elf.

"Oh no," Charlotte whispered.

"Who's 'she', dobby?" Harry asked.

"Umbridge?" Dobby nodded, trying to hurt himself, but Harry grabbed him an arm's length away.

"What about her? Dobby - she hasn't found out about this - about us - about the D.A.?" Harry asked, a clear hit of panic in his voice. The house-elf nodded again, trying to hurt himself again.

"Is she coming?"

"Yes, Harry Potter! Yes!" The house-elf shouted,

"WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR? RUN!" Harry shouted after turning around to face the group. Everyone started running towards the exit, sprinting towards different hallways, or bathrooms, or dorm rooms.

Charlotte had lost Lavender and Parvati. She took a deep breath before she felt a spell hit her on the side, making her fall on her side.

"Ow!" She said as she heard heavy footsteps running over to her.

"I got you." A deep grunt said, Crabbe grabbed Charlotte by her arm and pulled her to her feet.

"Let me go!" Charlotte said, struggling against him.

"No, Umbridge is going to be very pleased with me!" Crabbe said, dragging her as he walked. Charlotte dug her nails into Crabbe's arm, but Crabbe barely noticed the pain.

"What are you doing?" They heard Draco say behind them. Crabbe turned around with Charlotte, seeing Draco sneering at Crabbe.

"I'm taking her to Professor Umbridge. That's what we're supposed to do?" Crabbe said, shrugging.

"Let her go, now," Draco said,

"What why?"

"Because she's my girl-I mean I'll take her, give her to me," Draco said,

"What?" Crabbe said.

"Give her to me," Draco said, putting a hand out to Charlotte.

"Fine." Charlotte was shoved towards Draco, who grabbed her by the arm. They walked in silence until they turned the corner, and Draco let Charlotte go.

"Are you okay? I wanted to kill Crabbe."

"Yes, I'm fine. He grabbed me a little ruff though." Charlotte said, rubbing her wrist.

"I'm going to kill him," Draco said, his eyes burning with rage. He turned around, ready to kill Crabbe, even though Crabbe can beat him so easily.

"No, no, it's okay! Leave him." Charlotte said, putting a hand on Draco's shoulder to stop him.

"Did you give Harry to Umbridge?"

"Yes, I did. Don't be mad, I had to." He said, turning around.

"I'm not," she said, knowing that it was meant to happen, so Umbridge can take charge once Dumbledore leaves.

"Let's go to my room. If Umbridge finds you, she's going to give you detention," Draco said, putting a hand on Charlotte's back leading her to the Slytherin common room.