Chapter 47 (Year 5)

"Charlotte? Are you awake?" Charlotte heard her Mum's voice say through the door.

"Why is this door locked? Charlotte, we need to leave!" Charlotte opened her eyes, feeling an arm around her. She was confused before remembering that Draco had come in.

"Charlotte?"

"Just one second Mum! I'll be out in a second!" Charlotte yelled, her heart beating so fast it felt like it would explode, as she started shaking Draco awake.

"Charlotte, I need to grab something from your room! Can you please open the door?" Lily said.

"One second!"

"Draco wake up, we slept in, my mum is outside my door," Charlotte whispered to him, as he stirred.

"Draco, come on. Please wake up." She whispered, shaking him harder. He opened his eyes, confused.

"What?"

"She's outside my door-"

"Is Charlotte awake?" She heard her dad say. Draco jumped out of the bed, looking for his shirt.

"Where is my shirt?"

"No time! Just hide under the bed!" Charlotte whispered. Draco crawled under Charlotte's bed before Charlotte ran to the door.

"Sorry, Mum. I was um- "She said after Charlotte opened the door.

"Doesn't matter. Have you packed? I brought you some extra clothes. You needed new underwear, yes?" Charlotte was not paying attention to anything Lily was saying, as she saw Draco's shirt on the floor, and his jacket and shoes by the window.

"Yes-yes." Lily put Charlotte's clothes on her bed. Draco put a hand over his mouth, trying to not make noise.

"Charlotte, are you okay? You look pale?" Her mother asked, coming to put a hand on Charlotte's forehead.

"You're not warm, and why are you bruised on your neck?"

"I am? Oh, that's right, I am... Fred and George's joke shop items have stained my neck." She muttered as Lily looked around Charlotte's room.

"Charlotte, your room is messy. Why are there clothes all over the ground?" She said, walking around, before Lily bent down and picked up Draco's shirt, knocking over Charlotte's clothes in the process.

"I'll get it!" Charlotte said, jumping over to the bed. Lily looked at her strangely as they both bent down to grab the clothes. Charlotte was shaking as she picked up the clothes and watched her mother lean down and look under her bed.

Draco froze as he made eye contact with Lily Potter, whose eyes widen, and her mouth fell open in shock.

"Charlotte..." Her mother said,

"Y-yes?" Charlotte asked, her voice shaking.

"Why is Draco Malfoy under your bed?"

"He is? I had no clue." Charlotte said as Lily stood up.

"Draco comes out," Lily said. Draco hesitated before crawling out under the bed and sitting up.

"Mum! It's not what it looks like!" Charlotte said quickly.

"It looks like Draco is in your room without a shirt on," Lily said in a stern tone, throwing Draco his shirt. He quickly put it on, sitting down next to Charlotte on the bed, both staring at the ground.

"I-well, yes, that's true."

"Lily, did you get Charlotte up? We have to leave in- "James stopped walking, frozen as he spotted Draco on Charlotte's bed.