Chapter 91

"Where is Harry?" Lily said frantically. It had been a while since Voldemort's death eaters had retreated.

"Sirius and Peter are looking for him right now," James said, his eyes glued to the door, thinking any second now that Harry was going to walk through the door.

"You don't think he went?" Lily asked James, scanning the crowd and pulling at her fingertips.

"No, he couldn't have- "James said, before looking at Charlotte, who sat next to Draco against the wall. Her head resting on his shoulder, holding his hand, so tight that Draco's hand was hurting, but didn't complain.

"He did, didn't he?" James asked Charlotte, but she still did not answer.

"Is your brother going to Voldemort?" James shouted,

"Oh my god, we-we-have to go and find him and bring him back," Lily shouted,

"We've wasted time already. I don't know if we can catch up," James said, running a hand through his hair.

"We have to!" Lily shouted, but then the cold, high voice spoke again.

"Harry Potter is dead. He was killed as he ran away, trying to save himself while you lay down your lives for him. We bring you his body as proof that your hero is gone."

"The battle is won. You have lost half of your fighters. My Death Eaters outnumber you, and the Boy Who Lived is finished. There must be no more war. Anyone who continues to resist, man, woman, or child, will be slaughtered, as will every member of their family. Come out of the castle now, kneel before me, and you shall be spared. Your parents and children, your brothers and sisters will live and be forgiven, and you will join me in the new world we shall build together."

"Th-what-no," Lily said, as the family pushed their way out of the castle.

"He's not, he's not!" James whispered under his breath until they reached the exit, pushing the doors open, seeing Voldemort, the death eaters, and Harry in Hagrid's arms.

"NO!" Lily shouted, bursting into tears. Remus grabbed her before she could run to Harry, as Sirius held James back by the collar, who was trying to get to Harry, as well.

"No!"

"No!"

"Harry! HARRY!"

Ron, Hermione, and Ginny shouted. The only person not screaming was Charlotte, who stared at Harry's body in Hagrid's arms.

"You son of a bitch!" James shouted, tears streaming down his face.

"SILENCE!" Voldemort yelled.

"It is over! Set him down, Hagrid, at my feet, where he belongs!" Hagrid moved and placed Harry in front of Voldemort's feet.

"You see? Harry Potter is dead! Do you understand now, deluded ones? He was nothing, ever, but a boy who relied on others to sacrifice themselves for him!"

"He beat you!" Ron shouted, breaking the charm that had kept everyone silent. They started shouting at Voldemort once again.

"He was killed while trying to sneak out of the castle grounds, killed while trying to save himself - "Then Neville broke the spell and charged towards Voldemort. Voldemort flicked his wand, and with a loud bang, Neville was thrown onto the ground, his wand being pushed away by Voldemort's foot.

"And who is this? Who has volunteered to demonstrate what happens to those who continue to fight when the battle is lost?" Voldemort asked. Bellatrix started laughing.

"It is Neville Longbottom, my Lord! The boy who has been giving the Carrows so much trouble! The son of the Aurors, remember?" Bellatrix said, giggling.