Chapter 46 (Year 5)

A week had passed since they had gone to number 12 Grimmauld Place. Christmas had passed, and Mr. Weasley was still recovering at the hospital.

"Mum, I really need some clothes. I can't keep borrowing Hermione and Ginny's." Charlotte told her Mum, as they stood in the kitchen with James.

"Hm, well yeah, I guess you can't. Why don't the four of us go and stay the night at our house? I feel like we haven't gotten a chance to spend the holidays together, as a family for a while now, and I need to rest in my own bed for once, no offense Sirius but the couch is getting uncomfortable." Lily said, Sirius, shrugged.

"I hate it here too." He chuckled.

"Yes, please let's go! I don't even have any pajamas!" Charlotte signed.

"Okay, I'll go tell everyone. You grab your suitcase." Lily said. Charlotte ran upstairs as her Mum walked to the kitchen to let everyone know.

"Where are you going?" Hermione asked. She had arrived Christmas day, after everyone else.

"We're going to go spend the night at my house. I need to go get clothes, and Mum wants a full night of rest for once." Charlotte said, as she picked up her suitcase, and said goodbye to Hermione.

---

The Potters arrived at their home an hour later, having to drag Harry away from his friends.

"I don't want to be here. I want to hang out with Ron and Hermione and everyone else," Harry said, annoyed.

"It's one night Harry, get over it," Charlotte said, rolling her eyes as she grabbed her suitcase, and the four of them walked inside the house.

"I'm going to go get dinner started," Lily said.

"Me too!" James said, dropping the bags by the door.

"Please, no!"

"Mum don't let him cook!" Harry and Charlotte said, James, gasped, putting a hand over his chest, dramatically.

"My cooking is amazing!"

"Who gave me food poisoning last time? Oh right, you." Charlotte reminded him.

"That was an accident. I've gotten better. Come on, Lily!" James said as he marched into the kitchen.

"Don't worry, I'm watching him," Lily said, laughing as she saw their horrified faces. Harry and Charlotte took all the families' bags upstairs before going into their separate rooms.

---

Charlotte had taken a shower, packed her bags before going to dinner, which was surprisingly not horrible.

"I told you two! My food is so good!" James said as they sat on the couch after dinner. He was sitting in his reclining chair, watching the muggle T.V. Lily and Harry sat on the large couch, while Charlotte lay on the ground eating a bowl of popcorn.

"I wouldn't go that far! It was decent, with a decent flavor." Charlotte said,

"Sh, I know it was amazing," James said, running a hand through his hair, as Charlotte stood up, wiping the buttery hands on her pajamas.

"Well, I'm going to bed. I'm exhausted." Charlotte said.

"It's still a little early, it's only 11," James said, looking at the clock.

"I'm tired. I want to sleep in my own, comfortable beds, instead of those rock-hard mattresses, Sirius owns."

"The couch isn't any better. I swear my neck hasn't been this stiff before." Lily said, rubbing the side of her neck.