Chapter 23 (Year 4)

"It sounds like he's jealous," Parvati commented after Charlotte came in and complained about Draco to her.

"What? Why?"

"Oh, isn't it obvious? He likes you!" Lavender giggled, as she sat brushing her hair on Charlotte's bed.

"Draco does not like me," Charlotte said, rolling her eyes.

"You're joking, right?" Parvati said, walking over to braid Lavender's hair. Lavender had asked Parvati to brush her hair.

"No, I'm not! He doesn't like me."

"You two are so stupid. Charlotte, he stares at you all the time. He likes to change his path for classes-"

"How do you know that?" Lottie said.

"Because I pay attention, stupid," Lavender said,

"Oh, Parvati don't pull so hard." Lavender snapped,

"It barely hurt! Stop being a big baby!"

"Says you," Lavender said.

"Parvati do my hair next," Charlotte said, as she walked over to them and sat next to them on the bed.

"Okay, start brushing your hair." She said, handing the brush to her.

"Don't you dare change the subject, Charlotte? He likes you. Open your eyes," Lavender said, as Charlotte took her hair out of the ponytail, and started brushing her hair. Charlotte didn't reply, choosing to ignore Lavender.

"Don't ignore me. Charlotte, he likes you. He literally carried you through the forest to your dad. He stares at you all the time in class, lunch, breakfast, and dinner. If you were being stalked, I feel like you wouldn't notice."

"Lavender, he doesn't. I'm a half-blood. He probably would want to go and date a pureblood, like Pansy."

"It seems like that's the last thing he's thinking about," Parvati commented.

"You two are wrong, really wrong."

Lavender and Parvati shared a look and shook their heads, both saying nothing, as Parvati finished Lavender's hair, and started Charlotte's.

---

Charlotte stood next to Harry, Ron, and Hermione as they watched the goblet.

"Has anyone put their names in yet?" Ron asked a third-year girl.

"All the Durmstrang lot. But I haven't seen anyone from Hogwarts yet," She answered.

"Bet some of them put it in last night after we'd all gone to bed. I would've if it had been me... wouldn't have wanted everyone watching. What if the goblet just gobbed you right back out again?" Harry said as they heard a laugh from behind them. Fred, George, and Lee were rushing down the stairs and towards them.

"Done it. Just taken it." Fred grinned.

"Taken what?" Ron asked.

"The Aging Potion. Dung brains."

"We're going to split a thousand Galleons between the three of us if one of us wins," Lee explained.

"I'm not sure this is going to work, you know. I'm sure Dumbledore will have thought of this." Hermione told them, but they ignored her.

"Oh, it's going to do something, all right." Charlotte giggled.

"Ready? C'mon, then - I'll go first - "Fred pulled out a parchment from his pocket, walked to the edge of the age line, with every eye of on him, and jumped over the line. For a second, it looked like it was going to work.

George thought it had, and a second later he jumped over the age line, as well. There was a loud sizzling sound before they were both struck and thrown fifty feet in the air, landing ten feet away from the goblet. As they sat up, they sprouted long white beards. The hall erupted in laughter, and the twins joined in, as they felt their beards.

"I did warn you. I suggest you both go up to Madam Pomfrey. She is already tending to Miss Fawcett, of Ravenclaw, and Mr. Summers, of Hufflepuff, both of whom decided to age themselves up a little too. Though I must say, neither of their beards is anything like as fine as yours." Dumbledore said as he watched them with an amused smile. They both stood up and walked to the nurse, with Lee howling in laughter.

---

"Well, the goblet is almost ready to make its decision!" Dumbledore said, as he stood up and walked towards the goblet.

"I estimate that it requires one more minute," Dumbledore said, as he went on and explained the process of getting chosen. Dumbledore took out his wand and did a long sweeping motion. All the candles except the ones in pumpkins were out.

"Any second now," Lee Jordon whispered. Lavender nudged Charlotte on the elbow.

"What?" She whispered to her. Lavender nodded towards the Slytherin table. Charlotte looked over at the table, making eye contact with Draco. He looked away quickly, looking back at the goblet, his cheeks reddening. Charlotte bit back a smile as the goblet spit out the first name. Dumbledore caught the parchment and read the name.

"The champion for Durmstrang will be Viktor Krum." The hall erupted into cheers, as Krum stood up and walked to Dumbledore.

"No surprise there!" Ron shouted.

"Bravo Viktor! Bravo!" His headmaster called, clapping the loudest. He grabbed the parchment from Dumbledore, shook his hand, and walked to the door. The second parchment flew out, and Dumbledore caught it.

"The champion for Beauxbatons is Fleur Delacour!" The hall cheered again, as a pretty girl stood up, and walked towards Dumbledore. She took the parchment and shook his hand, before walking towards the door. The Goblet's fire turned red once again and shot out towards Dumbledore, who caught it easily.

"The Hogwarts champion is Cedric Diggory!" Dumbledore shouted. Every Hufflepuff jumped out of their seats and clapped loudly as Cedric stood up and walked towards Dumbledore. Dumbledore shook his hand before walking towards the door.

"Excellent! Well, we now have our three champions. I am sure I can count upon all of you, including the remaining students from Beauxbatons and Durmstrang, to give your champions every ounce of support you can muster. By cheering your champion on, you will contribute in a very real — "Dumbledore stopped talking as the goblet started turning red again.

Sparks were flying out of the cup. Dumbledore raised his hand and caught the parchment. He stared at it in disbelief.

"Harry Potter," Charlotte said under her breath, not realizing Hermione had heard her.

"Harry Potter," Dumbledore called out. Hermine stared at Charlotte wide-eyed, as Harry stared at Dumbledore, his mouth hanging open.

"I didn't put my name in," Harry told Hermione and Ron.

"You know I didn't."

"Harry, up here if you please!" Dumbledore called again.

"Go on," Hermione said, giving him a slight push. Harry stood up, and walked towards Dumbledore, taking the parchment from him, before walking towards the door.

"As I was saying. Our champions have been picked, and the tournament will start soon. It has three trails that you will have more information on soon. Goodnight, everyone." Dumbledore said, quickly, before he walked through the door with the other professors and headmasters.