Chapter 60 (Year 6)

Draco watched as Charlotte slept the next morning. He probably needed more sleep than she did. Draco pushed Charlotte's hair out of her face, his thumb rubbing over her hand. She shifted in her sleep, burying her face into Draco's neck.

Draco looked at the time. It was 1:30 in the afternoon. He thought that he should go and finish the wardrobe, but he couldn't bring himself to wake her up or get out of this bed. He closed his eyes instead, thinking that anything outside of this room just didn't exist at the moment. Voldemort simply did not exist at the moment.

If Charlotte knew he wasn't just a death eater but had to become a murderer, she wouldn't have him anymore. Or that's what he thought, so he would just enjoy his time with her until he had to do his task and Charlotte's going to want nothing to do with him.

"What time is it?" Charlotte said as she lifted her head up.

"About to be 2," Draco whispered, as he ran his fingers through her hair.

"Two?" Charlotte asked as she sat up, holding the blanket to her chest.

"Yes, now come lay down again," Draco said.

"My friends are probably wondering where I am! Harry's going to notice that I'm not there- "Charlotte said, as she stood up, wrapping the blanket around her. Draco sat up, leaning against the headboard as he watched Charlotte look for her shorts and shirt.

"You could tell them you woke up early and went to the library." Draco offered.

"It's not that simple."

"Yes, it is," Draco said,

"Where did you throw my shirt?" Charlotte asked, only finding her shorts.

"I'm not sure." Draco lied, as he stood up grabbing his trousers and putting them on.

"I think we should go back to bed. Potter's not going to notice you went for one day. Your friends won't care. Stay here." Draco said, as he walked up to Charlotte, who was sitting on the ground, looking under his bed. Draco grabbed her hand and pulled her to her feet.

"My friends are very clingy; you don't know Lavender that well. Plus, I'm starving." Charlotte said.

"Fine, come stay tonight. Meet me at the room of requirements."

"I will," Charlotte said.

"Your shirt is right here," Draco said, as he picked them up. He had thrown them on the ground by his side of the bed.

"So when I asked you where my shirt is, you lied?" Charlotte asked, shaking her head at him as he handed them to her.

"Maybe," Draco said, as he turned around so she could change.

"I should have grabbed my Gryffindor robe before coming here." She sighed as she slipped on her shorts and shirt.

Draco checked if the common room was empty before walking Charlotte out.

---

"Where have you been? Why are you still in your pajamas?" Parvati asked as Charlotte entered the dorm room. Charlotte shrugged, not answering.

"Where's Lavender?" Charlotte asked as Parvati kept staring at her.

"She went out with Ron. I think they're going to start dating." Charlotte grabbed some clothes from her drawers.

"It's almost lunchtime. Want to head down?"

"Yeah, let me shower first," Charlotte said.

"You were with Draco!" She said.

"How do you know?" Charlotte asked,

"Well, I didn't, I just guessed, but judging from your reaction, I was right! Are you two back together?" Parvati asked, sitting up from her bed.

"Yeah," Charlotte said, grinning,

"Aw! I'm so happy for you!"

"Thanks." Charlotte laughed.

"Why did you two break up in the first place?" Parvati asked as Charlotte walked to the bathroom door.

"Just some stupid stuff that's in the past now."

"Good for you! You two are so cute together. I don't know about Ron and Lavender, though. Don't tell her I said that."

"I won't. They are kind of... gross." Charlotte said. Parvati nodded.

"You were lucky enough to miss out on the well... eating each other's faces this morning."

"Stop distracting me! I have to shower." Charlotte yelled, giggling.

---

Charlotte sat with Hermione in the common room. Charlotte felt bad that she refused to sit with Ron and Harry since Ron started dating Lavender.

"And I never told him Slughorn's party was a date, so now I have no one to go with." Hermione signed, after complaining to Charlotte for the last ten minutes.

"Anyone in mind?" Charlotte asked, even though she knew already knew who she was taking.

"No. What about you? Do you have anyone in mind?" Hermione asked. Charlotte's mind went to Draco, but she had a feeling he was going to refuse.

"I'm going to take Parvati; she's been wanting to go." Charlotte shrugged.

"Really? You don't want a date? You and Draco have been broken up for what? Two months now?" Hermione asked. Charlotte's hand went to her neck, where the hickey that she had covered still was.

"Who would I take?"

"Well, I know several of the guys were wanting to ask you out."

"What why?" Charlotte asked, surprised.

"Isn't it obvious? It's because you're a Potter! Your families the most famous family in the wizarding world! You guys are all over the newspaper, I mean every day. And to top it all off, your really pretty Charlotte." Charlotte laughed.

"I'd rather take Parvati. We can have more fun that way." Hermione shrugged.

"Okay."

---

Charlotte walked into the room of requirements after trying to get in for the last ten minutes. Draco stood by the wardrobe, a book in his hands as he flipped through the pages. He looked up once she entered.

"I was just wondering why you were taking so long," Draco said, as she put her bag on the table and sat down on the little couch in the room.

"I couldn't get in. It was taking forever." Charlotte said as she took off her robe.

"It's a little tricky."

"It wasn't this hard for the meetings last year," Charlotte said, as Draco looked back at his book. Charlotte laid on the couch, reading a book she had gotten from the library.

"Slughorn's party is tomorrow," Charlotte said, after twenty minutes.

"What?"

"Slughorn's party?"

"What about it?"

"It's tomorrow, and we're allowed to bring dates."

"Dates? Who would you bring?" Draco asked, confused, but he didn't look up from the book he was reading.

"You, of course."

"Oh," Draco said,

"So, do you want to go with me?" Charlotte asked,

"I really can't. I need to work on the wardrobe."

"Oh," Charlotte said. Draco noticed her face fall. He wanted to say yes, but he knew he couldn't go. He had to work.

"I'm sorry," Draco said,

"No, you're right. You should finish it. I'm going to take Parvati, but I thought you might want to- never mind." Charlotte signed as she went back to her book.