Chapter 5 (Year 3)

The fire glowed green, waiting for Charlotte to enter. Lily and James threw her suitcases in the fire and into McGonagall's office.

"That's the last one." James signed; he didn't want it to be. Charlotte messed with the sleeves of her shirt nervously. Lily fixed Charlotte's collar as she smiled.

"Don't worry, you'll love Hogwarts. It was the best years of our lives. And make a lot of friends and write to us every day."

"I will." Charlotte said, as they hugged her goodbye, squeezing her so tight, she couldn't breathe.

"Bye," she said as she stepped into the fire.

"Hogwarts!" She shouted, and her parents' home went out of view. She saw glances from other people's house, until she landed in McGonagall's office, covered in dirt.

"Ms. Potter, there you are. Dinner is starting." She said, as she brushed dirt off of Charlotte.

"Sorry." She said, fixing her hair and clothes.

"Never mind that. Let's just go. Dumbledore will call you, and then the hat will sort you." Professor McGonagall said, as they exited her office. Charlotte looked in every direction, not believing that she was actually walking through Hogwarts. She had wanted to do this ever since she first read Harry Potter.

They walked to the entrance hall, and McGonagall instructed Charlotte to wait out here until the door was opened, before McGonagall walked in.

"Attention students! We have a new student that will be joining us. I present, Charlotte Potter." The door opened, and everyone turned their heads to get a look at Charlotte. Charlotte was struggling not to run the other away, as she walked in. She did not like the attention.

"Potter? Harry, who is that?" Ron whispered to Harry, as they watched her walk across the great hall.

"She's my sister," Harry answered, smiling. He had been dying to meet her since his mother owled him, two weeks ago.

"I didn't know you had a sister." Ron said, but Harry didn't reply.

Charlotte sat on the stool. As McGonagall was about to put it on Charlotte's head, the hat shouted.

"Gryffindor!" The Gryffindors started cheering as she walked over to their table. Harry stood up before anyone else to greet her.

"Hello!" He shouted, making her jump back.

"Sorry, I scared you. I-um, see I told mum to let me meet you first, but she wouldn't and-hello." Harry rambled on, but Charlotte didn't care. She was too excited to meet him.

"It's alright," She laughed, as they sat down. "Now that Ms. Potter has been sorted, we can enjoy our dinner." Dumbledore announced, as the food appeared in front of the tables. Charlotte started digging in right away. She was starving.

"So, Charlotte. Where did you go for twelve years?" Hermione asked,

"Nowhere important, just away." Hermione wanted to know more, but Charlotte looked like she wasn't going to budge.

"Look another ginger. Are you sure people won't think you're a Weasley instead of Potter?" George Weasley asked. Charlotte laughed.

"Not my fault there's so many of you." Charlotte laughed,

"We're Fred and George Weasley. We'll tell everyone you're our sister instead, much more believable." Fred winked. Harry glared at him.

"Oh, don't you dare! You two have enough siblings as it is!"

"Oh, don't get your pants in a twist. She can still be your sister." George laughed.

"Leave my pants out of this, George! I was five, and you cursed them." Harry snapped,

"What happened when he was five?" Lottie asked,

"He set them on fire." Harry muttered.

"First of all, it was an accident, and second of all, you broke my bear! That had a special place in my heart, Harry." George said, pretending to wipe a tear.

"Harry, how could you break a bear?"

"We meet for five seconds and you're already not taking my side?" Harry asked, pretending to be offended.

"No, no, of course, I am!"

"Good."

---

As the Slytherins finished their food, Draco stared at Charlotte. He had been thinking about her for two weeks. The girl who had tried to attack him, as he claims, and then disappeared for two weeks.

"Malfoy? Why are you staring at the new girl?" Pansy asked,

"She's the one who tried to attack me. I should go over there and give her a piece of my mind." Draco said, already standing up.

"She just arrived; how could she have been the one who you claimed to attack you?" Theodore Nott asked,

"I know it's her. I don't need you two to tell me otherwise." Draco declared, as he stood up. He grinned to himself; he'd been waiting to tell her a piece of his mind. He had searched for her in the great hall, but couldn't find her. It was like she had never even existed. No one knew who she was.

"Dinner is finished, everyone. You all may be excused to your rooms." Dumbledore announced, standing up.

Draco cursed under his breath and watched as she stood up with Granger. He turned around and hurried back to his friends. He'd talk to her tomorrow.

---

"Come on, Lottie. I'll show you to our dorm." Hermione said, as they were dismissed from lunch.

"Okay."

"Did you get your schedule?"

"Not yet. I think McGonagall will give it to me tomorrow morning." Charlotte answered, her eyes a little heavy. She was exhausted.

"Can you show me the way back tomorrow? I don't think I'll remember." Charlotte asked her.

"Of course! I'll be happy too!" Hermione grinned.

She told the password to the Fat lady. Charlotte took in the Common room, amazed. Even if she had seen it in the movies, seeing it in real life was just even better.

"Are you alright? You sort of look dazed." Hermione said. Charlotte nodded.

"Just happy." She muttered, happily.

"Well, let's go be happy upstairs. I'm exhausted too, and Lavender will hog the bathroom if we don't hurry up." Hermione joked as she pulled Charlotte along.

"Okay, let's go." Lottie said.

"Goodnight, boys!" Hermione called over her shoulder.

"Goodnight!" They yelled back.

They climbed three flights of stairs before finally making it to the dorm. Just like Hermione had predicted, Lavender was already in the shower, and Pravati was already sleeping.

Charlotte walked to her empty space where her suitcase already was. She pulled out a pair of pajamas and put them on. Before jumping into her bed, she passed out the second Charlotte shut her eyes.