Chapter 34 (Year 4)

"Good luck, Harry," Lily said, as she hugged him before they had to go up to the task.

"You'll do great," James said, grinning. Charlotte marched up to Harry and hugged him so tight he wasn't able to breathe.

"I'm sorry," She whispered to him.

"What?" He said, as she pulled away and ran up to the stands.

"Charlotte!" He called after her, but she ignored him and sat down next to her parents.

"Ladies and gentlemen, the third and final task of the Triwizard Tournament is about to begin! Let me remind you how the points currently stand! Tied in the first place, with eighty-five points each - Mr. Cedric Diggory and Mr. Harry Potter, both of Hogwarts School! In the second place, with eighty points - Mr.Viktor Krum, of Durmstrang Institute! And in third place - Miss Fleur Delacour, of Beauxbatons Academy!" Harry looked up at the stands and waved at his family, who waved back just as excited.

"So ... on my whistle, Harry and Cedric! Three - two - one - "Bagman blew the whistle, and Harry and Cedric ran in.

He waited a couple of seconds before blowing the whistle again, and letting Krum go in, and then lastly, Fleur.

---

Charlotte couldn't sit there any longer. She had a nervous habit of not being able to sit still when she was this anxious. Charlotte couldn't sit there any longer. She needed to get out before the task ended.

"Charlotte, where are you going?" James asked after she stood up and tried to leave the stadium.

"Bathroom." She said, not meeting his eye. James was so distracted, waiting for Harry he never noticed Charlotte's weird behavior.

"Okay. Be back soon." He spoke. Charlotte nodded as she walked down her row and out of the stadium. She looked at the maze, thinking.

I could just run in and try to stop them. But that would be stupid. I'm the least qualified witch to go and survive the maze. But if I do manage to survive the maze, then I can stop Harry and Cedric from getting the cup. But they could be fighting Voldemort already, and Cedric could be dead right now.

Charlotte signed and instead decided that it was best to leave before the task ends. She walked out of the arena and decided to hide in the grounds, on a bench near the lake instead.

----

There were screams. That was when Charlotte knew that Harry was back with Cedric's body. Everything had happened so fast that now she was sitting with Harry, who was fast asleep, as she and her parents hovered over him. The others had left to do their assigned tasks, while Dumbledore went to his office.

Professor McGonagall, who looked pale and tired tonight, came up to Charlotte.

"Professor Dumbeldore would like to speak to you in his office. He also wanted me to tell you he likes acid pops." Charlotte nodded.

"Thank you," She muttered, not looking away from her family. Both her parents had fallen asleep, each one holding onto one of Harry's hands.

She walked over to Professor Dumbledore's gargoyle statue and muttered the password. The statue moved, and a spiral staircase appeared. Charlotte walked up the spiral staircase, feeling exhausted and wanting to go to bed, but knew that the meeting was important. if not he wouldn't have asked.

"Professor Dumbledore?" Charlotte called as she knocked on the door.

"Come in." He said. Charlotte opened the door, seeing Dumbledore behind his desk, waiting for her. Charlotte walked to the empty chair, scared her legs might betray her and give out, so she sat as quickly as she could.