Chapter 41 (Year 5)

This, Draco noted, was the third week that Dean had sat next to Charlotte, and Draco's temper was about to snap, as he heard her laugh for the seventh time. He counted since the class had started.

"Are you even listening to me?" Pansy's whining voice said. Draco rolled his eyes.

"No." He said, flatly, rubbing his forehead.

"Draco!"

"Shut up or you'll give me a headache. Let me do the god damn potion by myself, and I'll get us a pass." He said, grabbing the ingredients.

As he grabbed a handful of frog brains, he heard Charlotte laugh one more time.

"Um...Draco?"

"What?"

"You're squishing the frog brains." Draco looked at his hand, which was now covered in frog brain juice, and a fist-shaped brain.

"Oh," He dropped the frog brains ball into their potion.

"You actually gave your mum a chocolate frog?" Charlotte asked Dean after he told his story.

"Yes! She stood on the stool for like a good hour as I searched for it. And then said we shouldn't use magic on food." Dean laughed, rolling his eyes.

"Anything else is fine! But my chocolate frogs always jump away from me! I never find them again. It annoys me." Charlotte said as she stirred their potion.

"I don't think we did it right. It's like an olive green color. Isn't it supposed to be light green?" Charlotte asked Dean, peering over her shoulder.

"Um... I don't know."

"I think we're going to fail this." Charlotte laughed.

"What is that? The four one in a row now?" Dean asked. Charlotte nodded.

"We passed the first two, didn't we?"

"Barley."

"Well, we can try for the next one." Charlotte shrugged as the bell rang. They picked up their bags as Snape cleared off their failed potion.

"Anyway, are you going to Hogsmeade tomorrow?" Dean asked as they walked out of the classroom.

"Yes, I am. Hermione's got us all going to the hog's head, so we have to." Charlotte said,

"Oh yeah, but I mean, I was wondering if you wanted to do anything after or before that?" Dean asked,

"Oh, I'm sorry... I can't. I made plans with someone else."

"Oh, okay. Well, I'll see you later than." He said, embarrassed, as he rubbed the back of his neck.

"See you later," Charlotte said as he walked off.

---

Charlotte looked through the racks of clothes in Gladrags Wear.

"Boo," Someone shouted behind her, grabbing her waist, and making her drop her arm full of clothing.

"Draco," She breathed, as she heard him laugh behind her. She turned around, glaring at him.

"You scared me." She said, smacking him on the arm lightly, as they both bent down and picked up her clothes.

"Yes, that was the point." Charlotte rolled her eyes, smiling.

"How did you know I was in here?" Charlotte asked,

"I saw you through the window." He said as they stood up, their arms filled with clothes.

"I thought you would be here with Lavender and Parvati?"