Chapter 26 (Year 4)

"Charlotte, Harry!" She heard Peter's voice say from the fire. Harry and Charlotte had waited for him all night after getting his letter.

"Peter! Oh my god! How have you been? Are you alright? Have you been eating?" Charlotte asked as she and Harry kneeled down by the fireplace.

"I'm fine Charlotte, I'm with your parents at the moment, that's where I'm calling from, but enough about me, Harry, are you alright?"

"I'm- "He paused, thinking before letting out everything he had been feeling for the last couple of weeks.

"... and now Hagrid's just shown me what's coming in the first task, and it's dragons, Peter, I'm a goner."

"Dragons, we can deal with Harry, but we'll get to that in a minute. I haven't got long here... we can't risk anyone seeing me. There are some things I need to warn you about." He said,

"What?"

Peter warned Harry of everything he needed to know for the upcoming trials as quickly as he could.

"Peter, are you sure you're all right?" Charlotte asked once they were done.

"I'm more than alright, I've been spending the last couple of weeks with your parents, Sirius and Remus."

"Peter, who are you talking to? Is it Harry and Charlotte?" Someone could be heard saying, before Peter's head was pushed to the side, and James's head popped in.

"What are you two doing?" Charlotte asked,

"I wanted to wish you good luck. If we were allowed to be there, we would come, but Dumbeldore won't budge," James said, as Sirius's and Remus's heads popped in.

"What are you guys doing? This is dangerous." Harry said,

"How do you guys look on the other side?" Charlotte asked, imagining four backsides sticking out of a fireplace.

"I wanted to see the common room, and wish you luck Harry, you'll be amazing," Sirius said,

"Remember everything I taught you last year, and read up on everything, and practice the spells," Remus says.

"I'm going to die," Harry told them.

"Don't say that, Dumbeldore won't let you get hurt," James said, Charlotte rolled her eyes.

"If these walls could talk, or that couch," Sirius said, smirking.

"It would barf," Peter commented,

"Shut up, Wormtail, at least I got some."

"Not in front of my children!" James yelled,

"I'm never sitting on that couch again," Harry said.

"Will you four be quiet? Someone could hear you." Charlotte warned.

"I didn't say anything," Remus muttered, as they heard footsteps coming down the boy's dorms.

"Go, there's someone coming," Harry said,

"Good luck Harry!"

"You'll do great!" They whispered before all disappearing.

"I really want to see what they looked like from the other side," Charlotte whispered before they ran to their dorm rooms.

---

The first trial had started on Tuesday after Harry had spent the last couple of days working on spells with Hermione and Charlotte.

"Don't worry, Harry. You'll be okay," Charlotte told him in the tent, as she took his glasses off and whipped them with her sleeve.

"I don't think I know how to breathe anymore." He said as she handed him the glasses again.

"What do you mean?"

"I keep thinking about it, and then I forgot. Do I feel hot? I think I feel hot." Charlotte wanted to roll her eyes but didn't as Harry ran his hands through his hair.

"Harry, calm down, I promise you, you will do fine," Charlotte said. Harry nodded.

"I have to go. I'll see you after the match. Remember your wand." Harry nodded, vigorously. Charlotte walked out of the tent and towards the stands, where Lavender and Parvati had saved her a seat.

"Is he alright?" Lavender asked,

"He'll be okay. He's nervous." She said as someone sat down next to her.

"Why is Malfoy sitting here?" Parvati whispered to them.

"I don't know," Charlotte said,

"Ask him."

"He can hear you, and he would like to tell you three that there are no other spots," Draco said. The three of them turned bright red before looking away from each other, making Draco laugh.

Charlotte and Draco hadn't talked since their fight, but they both have secretly been wanting the other to give in and talk so they could go back to being normal, Draco had given in and decided to sit next to her, in hopes of it would make her give in.

---

The trial had three champions already gone, and Harry was the last one to come out. '

"And our last and youngest champion, Harry Potter, who will be fighting the meanest Dragon we have, the Hungarian Horntail!" Ludo Bagman shouted. Harry looked around at the many faces in the stand before looking at the dragon and the egg next to it.

"He looks nervous," Lavender commented.

"He looks stupid," Draco whispered. Charlotte glared at him.

"What? I can't have an opinion."

"No."

Harry took out his wand and muttered something no one in the crowd could hear. They waited for him to do something, but nothing happened until they heard a noise. Something was speeding through the air.

"Oh, I can't believe it, folks! Potter has summoned what looks like being his firebolt to help him!" Harry swung his leg over the firebolt and shot high in the air. He stayed in the air, looking around at the crowd before diving towards the egg.

The dragon followed Harry wherever he went and shot fire at Harry, which Harry had managed to miss by swerving away.

"Great Scott, he can fly! Are you watching this, Mr. Krum?" Ludo shouted.

"I can't watch!" Charlotte shouted, covering her eyes, but spreading them slightly to see.

"Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god." She kept whispering as Harry circled the dragon. He divided down, and managed to miss the shooting fire, but was hit by the dragon's spikey tail. Charlotte screamed as she stood up from her seat, ready to leap onto the stands, not before Draco grabbed her arm.

"Sit down, Charlotte."

"Okay, okay, okay." She whispered, sitting down and covering her eyes again. Draco hid his laugh behind his hand as he watched her.

The dragon would spray fire at Harry, and he would miss every time, wanting her to grow tired. With every breath of fire, Charlotte would clutch onto her seat tighter and tighter, or let out a horrible scream.

Finally, Harry managed to get the dragon away from the egg long enough that he was able to retrieve the egg. Charlotte jumped out of her seat and cheered the loudest for him. She turned to Draco, who was also standing, glaring at Harry, and threw her arms around him.

Draco who was so surprised it took him a second to hug her back, both laughing in delight, Draco form the hug and Charlotte for Harry's win.

Charlotte's eyes widened as she realized she was hugging Draco, and awkwardly let him go. He didn't understand, as he still held her around the waist.

"Sorry, I got excited." She said, turning a very red color, as he let her go.

"It's fine." He said as people started getting up from their seats.