Chapter 28 (Year 4)

"Charlotte." Harry and Ron said as they sat on either side of her at breakfast.

"Yes?" She said, putting down her spoon full of eggs.

"We were wondering if you could um... explain to us how to ask a girl to the Yule Ball," Harry said, rubbing his neck awkwardly. Charlotte laughed as she shook her head at them.

"Oh my god, just walk up to her, and say. Hi, I was wondering if you would like to go to the Yule Ball with me? See easy." Charlotte explained,

"Sounds complicated. Explain again." Ron said. Charlotte rolled her eyes.

"Lavender," Charlotte said.

"Yeah?"

"Would you like to go to the Yule Ball with me?" She said,

"Oh my Merlin, I would love to." Lavender giggled.

"See? Easy." Charlotte said.

"Oh okay, I get it." Said Ron, as he scanned the hall.

"Yeah, yeah, should be easy," Harry said, as he looked around the hall too.

"Hey, Charlotte," Ron said, smiling awkwardly at her.

"What?" She asked, suspiciously.

"Would you like to go to?"

"Don't even think about it, Ron," Harry warned, as he glared at Ron.

"Oh, come on, how am I supposed to get a date?"

"Not with my sister just because you don't want to stress about finding a date," Harry said as they stood up and walked away, still arguing.

"They will never find dates," Parvati said, as she shook her head at them. Charlotte bit her lip not to laugh as she finished her breakfast.

"We don't have to worry about them. What we have to worry about is ourselves we need dates," Lavender said, as they stood up and walked out of the great hall.

---

"Charlotte." Fred and George said as they plopped down on the couch next to her.

"Yes?" She said,

"Do you have a date? Or do you just like looking extremely depressed?" Fred asked. Charlotte glared at him.

"First of all, I don't have a date. And I do not look depressed." Charlotte snapped.

"You look mad. You need a date."

"Do you two have dates?" Charlotte asked.

"I'm going with Angelina,"

"Did you ask her, or are you just telling people that?" She asked,

"I asked her yesterday," Fred said, looking offended, as he crossed his arms over his chest.

"What about you, George? Did you ask anyone yet?"

"Nope,"

"Looks like we're in the same boat, then." She said.

"Charlotte, why don't we go to the Yule as friends? That way, it won't be awkward and we can both have fun!" George suggested.

"Sure, why not," Charlotte said,

"Perfect! I'll pick you up at the steps of the girl's dorms!" George said, as he and Fred stood up, and walked out the common room to dinner. Ginny came in with a very pale and shaken Ron. They both plopped down on the couch.

"What happened Ron?" She asked, even though she knew.

"I don't want to say it, not yet." He shook his head. She looked at Ginny, who was trying to hide her grin.