Chapter 57 (Year 6)

October had arrived and the Hogesmade trip was all anyone could think about. The castle had an annoying amount of tighter security, making it impossible to sneak around like everyone used to before.

Charlotte, Parvati, and Lavender had entered Gladrags Wizardwear an hour ago. Charlotte was growing impatient. She usually would love to enter the shop and look around, but she was starving and wanted to leave.

"Do you like these?" Parvati asked Charlotte, holding up a pair of black boots.

"Yeah, they're nice." Charlotte shrugged; Parvati nodded as she put the shoes in a bag.

"Charlotte why don't you buy something?" Lavender asked, she shrugged.

"I don't really want anything. Can we leave? The perfume is giving me a headache." Charlotte said as she rubbed her forehead. Parvati paid for her boots and the three left and headed to the three broomsticks. The wind and snow were making it harder to see or walk, so the three girls walked arm in arm, holding onto each other in case they fell.

"Finally, I've been wanting to eat all day," Charlotte said as they walked into the three broomsticks. Charlotte spotted Harry, Ron, and Hermione talking with Slughorn in the side of the pub. They found a table, taking off their coats, gloves, hats, and scarfs, before ordering their butterbeer. Lavender grabbed their drinks and set them at the table for them.

"Harry getting yelled at for not coming to the Slug Club," Charlotte said, as she watched Harry come up with another excuse for Slughorn.

"Is it fun? You've gone to three."

"On occasions. The first one was dreadful, but the rest were better." Charlotte shrugged as she sipped on her butterbeer.

"Charlotte!" Slughorn called as he strolled over to their table.

"Hi, Professor Slughorn," Charlotte said, as she whipped her butterbeer mustache she got.

"I was just telling your brother he can't keep missing my dinners."

"I told him the same thing."

"You tell him I want him at my next meeting! No exceptions."

"I'll tell him, sir."

"Good, I better be off. See you in class," Slughorn said, waving goodbye to Charlotte before walking out of the pub.

"Were we invisible? Not even an acknowledgment." Lavender said. Charlotte shrugged.

"Apparently." Said Parvati.

"

"We have to take someone to the Christmas party he's having," Charlotte said.

"Who are you taking if you're not dating Draco anymore?"

"I don't know, honestly. Maybe I'll just take one of you." Charlotte said as she put her hair up into a ponytail.

"Oh! Oh! Me! Take me! Please!" Lavender said.

"Why should she take you? Take me!" Parvati said. Charlotte laughed.

"You two can decide who I take. I'm not picking."

"We'll talk about this later," Parvati said, as Lavender was about to speak again.

"My parents owled again, asking to take us out of Hogwarts," Parvati said, as she looked out the pub window.

"Again?"

"Yeah, I don't know if they are going to let us come back next year." Charlotte looked down at the table, trying to avoid eye contact as she drank her butterbeer.

"What about your parent's Lavender? What are they saying?" Parvati asked.

"they said if Dumbledore's here, we're safe. And that the ministry is going to protect everyone else. I don't really believe it."

"It wasn't the ministry that stopped him last time, it was my family," Charlotte said. Lavender nodded.

"Let's head out before it gets worse," Parvati said, as she noticed the snow falling harder now.

"Your right, I don't want my feet to freeze off," Charlotte said, as they stood up and put on the winter clothes before heading out.

---

By the next week, all anyone could talk about was Katie Bell's accident. The Slytherin versus Gryffindor match was coming soon, and Harry needed to decide on someone for the Chaser position.

"Charlotte," Harry said, as he sat down in front of at a common room table. She looked up at him from the book she had been reading.

"Yeah?"

"I need your help." Charlotte shut her book and put it on the table.

"With?"

"Would you be the new chaser? Please." Harry begged as he slumped in his seat.

"Chaser?"

"Yes!"

"No way!" Charlotte scoffed.

"Please! I need you to be the Chaser. I've watched you play for like three summers now! You are great! It's in our genes to be great at quidditch!" Harry explained. Charlotte chuckled.

"What about Dean? He was good." Charlotte said, just to annoy him.

"What?"

"Dean, he was good," Charlotte said again. Harry's jaw clenched as he crossed his arms.

"I don't want Dean."

"Does it perhaps have to do anything with Ginny? I mean, Ginny would love to have him on the team." Charlotte said, smirking as he rolled his eyes.

"What? Ginny, of course not!" Harry said, his face getting a little red.

"I think it does."

"Ginny is Ron's sister. It has nothing to do with her."

"Hm, but I think it does."

"IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH GI- "Harry stopped himself as other people looked over at them. He cleared his throat before smirking.

"I just so happened to have already told McGonagall that you are the new Chaser. Asking you was just to be nice," Harry said, standing up.

"Practice starts at 7 tonight!" He yelled before running up to the boy's dormitory.

"HARRY POTTER I'M GOING TO KILL YOU!" Charlotte shouted after him. Several people turned to look at her.

"Oh please, it's not like I'm the first person to say that. Or do that." Charlotte scoffed at them, as she sat down in her seat and picked up her book, now annoyed.