Chapter 27 (Year 4)

A couple of days had passed since the trial, Harry was slowly getting his popularity back, along with Ron apologizing to him over the ways he had been acting. They sat in Professor McGonagall's class, where she had something to announce.

"The Yule Ball is approaching - a traditional part of the Triwizard Tournament and an opportunity for us to socialize with our foreign guests. Now, the ball will be open only to fourth years and above - although you may invite a younger student if you wish- "Lavender giggled loudly, as Parvati had elbowed her and nodded over at Harry. Charlotte shook her head at them.

"Gross."

"Dress robes will be worn, and the ball will start at eight o'clock on Christmas Day, finishing at midnight in the Great Hall. Now then the Yule Ball is of course a chance for us all to - er - let our hair down," She said, sounding annoyed. Lavender giggled even louder.

"But that does not mean that there will be any relaxing the standards of behavior we expect from Hogwarts students. I will be most seriously displeased if a Gryffindor student embarrasses the school in any way." She finished.

"Professor McGonagall!" Charlotte said, raising her hand in the air, just like Hermione would.

"Yes, Ms. Potter."

"I don't know how to dance." Professor McGonagall gave her a confused look.

"Well, I don't know how to dance, and neither does Parvati nor Lavender-"

"Ye- "Charlotte stepped on her foot.

"No, I don't," Lavender said quickly, trying not to cry out.

"See! How are we supposed to um be like the other schools if we don't know? I bet none of the boys do either. I think we should have a quick, hour dance lesson." Professor McGonagall stared at her for a second, the boys looking rather uncomfortable and the girls looking very interested in this idea.

"I mean, I don't want my date stepping on my toes, or me stepping on his," Charlotte explained.

"Yeah, she's right," Parvati said,

"Very well. We will have a quick dance lesson tomorrow afternoon with the other houses." Charlotte grinned and nodded.

"Thank you, Professor." She said as the bell rang, and they all got out of their seats.

"Charlotte, why did you suggest a dancing lesson?" Parvati asked as they walked out.

"Cause I don't know how to dance." She said, which was true, but not entirely the only reason. She had watched the dance lesson scene so much, she adored it and needed it to happen.

---

"Now, when the music starts- "Professor McGonagall told the students the next day. All four houses were here, ready to learn how to dance. Professor Snape was in the corner trying to hide from this ridiculous idea.

"The gentlemen will put their hand on the girl's waist, and the girls will put their hands on the boy's shoulder. Professor Snape, will you come up here and help me demonstrate?"

"No, but I think Weasley would love to."

"Which one? There's three." Fred called out.

"Mr. Ronald Weasley."

"Excellent idea, Mr. Weasley, come up here." Ron, whose face was bright red, walked up to Professor McGonagall. Fred and George started cheering. He glared at them.

"Now, put your hand on my waist."

"Oh, your what?" Ron said,

"My waist, Mr. Weasley." Ron grudgingly put his hand on her waist, and she put her hand on his shoulder. She laced their other hands together, and the music started playing.

"Now 1,2, 3, 1, 2, 3." She repeated, as Fred and George whistled and clapped.

Once the music had stopped, Ron ran back to his seat and hid in the corner.

"Now, get partners, and you try." Professor McGonagall said, the girls stood up, as the boys hid in their seats.

"No hiding, up come on." Professor McGonagall called out.

As people were getting partnered up, someone tapped Charlotte on the shoulder.

"What is it Draco?"

"Can I have this dance?"

"No."

"Oh please! Pansy won't leave me, and I do not want to dance with her." He begged. Charlotte glared at him before giving up.

"Okay fine." Draco grinned as he grabbed her waist and hand. Charlotte glared at him as she put her hand on his shoulder. The music started, and Charlotte stared at their feet, trying not to step on his toes.

"Ow," He said, as she did exactly that.

"Sorry,"

"Ow," He said, again.

"Sorry,"

"Okay, how about you look up instead?" He suggested, putting a finger under her chin and lifting her face up.

"There, now stop thinking about your feet, and focus on me instead."

"See? Better, right?" Draco asked as she managed not to step on his feet.

"Yes, I guess you were right." She said,

"I'm always right." Charlotte laughed and rolled her eyes.

"Sure you are."

"I am!" Charlotte didn't reply as she shook her head at him.

"Don't look now, but Pansy is staring daggers into your back," Draco said.

"Oh, I know. I can feel the death stare burning my back already." She said. The music continued as they silently danced.

"Listen, I'm sorry about the badges... I didn't mean to offend you. I honestly forgot he was your brother, and about your mother thing.." He said,

"Wow, Draco Malfoy apologizing, someone pinch me." She joked. Draco rolled his eyes.

"I'm serious."

"I know, and it's fine. I stopped being annoyed after two days or so." She said, which she had. She already knew he was going to do that, and she knew it was going to happen. She wouldn't be happy about it. Charlotte wouldn't always agree on the things he does, but she knows that she can't change what's going to happen. It's already been written.

The dance ended, and Draco bowed to her. She laughed and curtsied back.

"Lovely dance partner... once you learned how too." Draco teased, she rolled her eyes.

"Now, everyone gets a new partner, and we'll start the music again." Professor McGonagall said, Draco waved goodbye to Charlotte as he looked for someone new. '

"C-can I have this dance?" Neville asked her once she had walked away from Draco.

"Of course." She said. Neville looked relieved as they got into position, and the music started.

Charlotte looked around the room, spotting Draco with Pansy. He had an annoyed look on his face as he glared around the room. He caught Charlotte's eyes, and made an annoyed face at her, Charlotte bit her lip not to giggle, as she shook her head at him, both avoiding each other's eye for the rest of the dance not to laugh during the dance again.