Chapter 2 (Year 3)

"Are you deaf or something!" The boy yelled, as Charlotte ignored him and looked around the Hogwarts Express.

"I-where am I?" She asked him. The boy looked at her as if she was the dumbest person he had ever met.

"Platform 9 3/4, to Hogwarts? Where is your luggage?" He asked, looking around for her cart, but all he saw was her backpack.

"That can't be right! Someone pinch me." She muttered, shaking her head.

"Okay," The boy said, and pinched her arm, hard.

"Ow! You little prick." Charlotte yelled, rubbing her before grabbing him by the collar.

"Who the fuck are you?" She asked, as he glared at her and tried to loosen her grip, but nothing would work. Years of protecting herself from bullies in the foster system helped her toughen up.

"Draco Malfoy! Who the hell are you?"

"Charlotte Potter, you can't be Draco Malfoy. Where am I? Is this a cos play or something?" She asked,

"A Potter? There's more of you?" He asked, annoyed.

"What do you mean more of me! There's only ever been me!"

"Someone get this mental girl away from me!" Draco yelled, as he still couldn't get the girl away from him.

"Mental! You think I'm mental!" Charlotte shouted, her fist in his face, ready to punch him. People turned their heads to look at the two, wondering what all the yelling was about.

"You're about to punch me!"

"For good reason!"

"You're saying strange things!" Draco yelled,

"You want me to punch you! You want me too?"

"What is going on here?" James Potter, head of the aurar department asked, annoyed that he had to fix an issue on his day off.

"This girl is mental, and she won't let go of me!" Draco whined.

"I'm not mental, you prat!" James grabbed the two by the shoulders and tried to pull them apart, but it was no use when Charlotte's grip was so tight.

"Let go of him." He told the girl, who only kept her eyes on the Draco. James had a small feeling he knew her, but couldn't figure out from where.

"Fine, but if he calls me mental one more time-"

"Mental!"

"You little- "Charlotte yelled, trying to jump at him.

"Okay, okay. Can one of you explain what's going on?" James yelled, as Remus and Sirius walked over.

"What are you a Professor? Why do I have to explain anything to you?" Draco asked, crossing his arms over his chest.

"No, but I'm the head of the auror department so you better start explaining." James yelled,

"Fine, this girl ran through the wall without luggage and told me to pinch her, so I did. And said some strange things!" Draco huffed, shrugging away from the man. Charlotte crossed her arms and glared at him.

"What did you say?" James asked,

"Hey what time is it?" Charlotte asked him, ignoring his question.

"It's 10:40, you haven't missed the express yet, what's your name? Where's your family?" He asked. Charlotte signed.

"I don't have one. I'm not sure where I am or what's going on. This can't be platform 9 3/4. It's not- "Charlotte stopped, as she realized that if this boy was thinking she was crazy, then this man will think she's crazy as well.

"You know what, sir; I'm going to go on the train." Lottie said, making up her mind for a split second. She slipped out of James's grasp. James watched as the girl, who looked very familiar to him, run away. Lottie didn't know that she was running past her family, who was saying goodbye to Harry.

"Hey! You come back here! I'm not done with you!" Malfoy yelled after her. She rolled her eyes as she hopped onto the train and found a compartment, alone.

---

Lottie had fallen asleep on the train ride a couple of hours later; the train stopped suddenly. Lottie opened her eyes as she felt the train start getting colder, and that all her happiness was draining out of her, even the little that she had. Then suddenly the door slid open, and a cloaked figure came in. It had grey, slimly looking, and scabbed, it slowly came towards her. Charlotte started screaming, but then voices were ringing throughout the whole compartment.

"You're an idiot, Charlotte! No wonder no one wants to adopt you!" She heard one of her old foster mothers scream.

"No one wants, Charlotte. I don't know what to do with her," Pepper's voice rang through, but then she also heard screaming.

"Who are you!" A man's voice she had never heard before yelling. Slowly, she felt everything start getting dark.

"Wake up, come on, wake up." Someone said, shaking her. Charlotte opened her eyes and saw a man with scars and sandy hair shaking her awake.

"The dementors gone." The man said kindly, as Lottie stood up and sat on the couch.

"Dementor? Who are you? Are you Remus? Professor Remus Lupin?" She asked, recognizing him. The man nodded as he stood up and sat down next to me.

"Yes, I am. How do you know? What's your name?" Remus asked as he took out some chocolate.

"I'm Charlotte Potter." Remus dropped the chocolate in his hands as he turned and stared at the girl in shock.

"You're who?"

"Charlotte Potter, are you alright? You're going a little pale." She said. He nodded.

"I-go-owl, James. Eat this." Remus fumbled over his words, too stunned to speak correctly.

"Here, take all of it." He shoved the chocolate in her hands before rushing out.

Lottie watched him run away confused, putting the chocolate down next to her, instead of eating it as she patiently waited for the train ride to end.

---

The train ride had ended soon after, Lottie followed the rest of the students out, them sending her strange looks. She wasn't wearing her Hogwarts uniform, and her strange clothes choice from the future wasn't helping her blend in.

Lottie stepped off the train and soon she was greeted by who she thought was Hagrid, but also two other Professors were there. A woman with a tight bun, a stern face, and long black robes that had a bunch of papers in her hands. The other was a man who had a grin on his face, with long white hair and beard, wearing bright lavender robes. Remus walked up to them quickly, whispering something to Dumbledore and pointing rather aggressively at Charlotte.

"Charlotte? Are you Charlotte Potter?" Professor McGonagall asked, as she walked up to her.

"Yes, ma'am." Charlotte said, before McGonagall could answer, Dumbledore clapped, excitedly.

"Wonderful, come with us." Dumbledore said,

"Go where? What is going on? Harry Potter shouldn't be real. JK Rowling made this up."

"JK Rowling," McGonagall scoffed,

"What?"

"She wasn't creative at all. She was as creative as a block of bricks."

"Let's go to my office. We can explain everything. Your parents are waiting for you."