Chapter 70 (Year 6)

Draco waited in front of the common room, he had sent a first year to fetch Charlotte, after threatening him, a little. 

"What is it Draco? I thought we were meeting later-" Charlotte said, as she walked out of the common room.

"It's going to happen tonight. I finished the wardrobe, I finally found the right spell and I sent word to the others, their coming, but anyway, I have to kill Dumbledore tonight." Draco whispered; his voice laced with fear, as he looked around the hall. Charlotte grabbed both his hands, that were shaking, unsure of what to say.

"I have to leave with them tonight, I can't finish the rest of the year. I have to go, I wanted to tell you." Draco said.

"Charlotte say something!" He shouted, hating the silence.

"You should kiss me because I don't know when I'll see you again." Charlotte said, Draco managed to smile, he cupped her face, and smashed his lips against hers. Charlotte grabbed onto the front of his robe. Draco backed Charlotte into the wall, she pulled him closer by his tie, throwing one of her legs around him. He didn't know how he could ever let her go.

"I love you," Draco said, between kisses.

"I love you too." She whispered, as she pushed his hair away from his face.

After a couple of minutes, Draco pushed himself away from Charlotte.

"If I stay, I won't be able to walk away." He said, holding Charlotte in arm lengths. Charlotte nodded as she watched him walk away.

---

Charlotte sat in the common room with Hermione and Ron, after Harry had gone to see Dumbledore. She drummed her fingers against the table as she watched the door. Harry ran in ten minutes later. Hermione sat up.

"What does he want? Harry, are you okay?" She asked,

"I'm fine!" Harry said, before running up to his dorm room. Hermione and Ron looked at each other, confused.

"What is he doing?" Ron asked. No one answered, as Harry ran down the dorm room and towards the table, almost falling over the table.

"I've got to be quick," Harry panted. "Dumbledore thinks I'm getting my Invisibility Cloak. Listen..." He quickly explained where he was going and why. Hermione gasped in horror as Ron tried to ask questions.

"...so you see what this means?" Harry finished, sounding out of breath.

"Dumbledore won't be here tonight, so Malfoy's going to have another clear shot at whatever he's up to. No, listen to me!" Harry shouted as they tried to interrupt again.

"I know it was Malfoy celebrating in the Room of Requirement. Here —" He shoved the map into Hermione's hands.

"You've got to watch him and you've got to watch Snape too. Use anyone else who you can rustle up from the D.A., Hermione. Those contact Galleons will still work, right? Dumbledore says he's put extra protection in the school, but if Snape's involved, he'll know what Dumbledore's protection is, and how to avoid it — but he won't be expecting you lot to be on the watch, will he?" Harry explained.

"Charlotte, you watch Snape. You're not watching Malfoy." He said, pointing at Charlotte.

"You don't trust me?"

"I don't trust him, and I don't know what he's up to, so you stay away from him tonight," Harry said, cutting her off before she could interrupt.

"I haven't got time to argue. Take this." He shoved socks into Ron's hand.

"Thanks," said Ron.

"Er — why do I need socks?"

"You need what's wrapped in them. It's the Felix Felicis. Share it between yourselves and Ginny, too. Say goodbye to her for me. I'd better go, Dumbledore's waiting —"