Chapter 46

this is so annoying! I'm trying to find the trailer to attach but I can't find it when I search for it! but I know it's on YouTube. urgh, I hate wattpad sometimes. if you wanna watch it then search "The Hundredth Hunger Games fanfiction"  and you'll be able to find it on YouTube - H.

JACE'S POV

Today was the day! I had stayed up as long as possible with Clary last night, savouring every last moment before... before all hell broke loose. She had fallen asleep at 3:00 last night (or this morning) when she finally couldn't keep the fatigue away. I stayed up the whole night watching her sleep. Yup. I'm a creep. But I'm a hot creep. Clary's words - not mine. Okay maybe mine too.

I woke her at 6:00 so that we could have an hour before they came to collect us for the games. We couldn't find the words to speak, no phrase could explain our emotions. Fear. Dread. Anger. Love. Hope. We sat on our bed just thinking, sometime talking - we were happy in each other's company. It was as if the games were nonexistent.

There was a knock on the door causing Clary to jump, I gave her one last kiss on the forehead before we both followed after our seperate Capitol assistants. I didn't say anything because I had nothing more to say.

"Where are we going?" I asked, striding along beside the man.

He didn't answer me so I repeated my question. This time he stopped abruptly and just looked at me.

"What's wrong with you?" I asked, infuriated. "Can't you speak or something?"
He flinched. And then I realised. Clary had mentioned to me that the Capitol cut off people's tongues as punishment but it had completely left my mind.

"Are you... an Avox?" I said slowly.

He nodded and continued to walk forward. I followed after him, not quite sure what to say after that.

We arrived at a clearing which was completely empty, except for one hovercraft. The Avox gestured towards it.

"The door is shut. How am I supposed to get onto it?" I asked blankly.

He just stood there, staring at me.

"Really? Why didn't the Capitol cut off your nose or something? I don't need that. Your voice is actually useful to me."

He frowned in annoyance and gestured at the door again.

Sighing, I walked up towards it and it opened. Oops. Automatic door.

I entered the hovercraft and looked around. The Avox entered behind me, the door shutting behind him. Before I knew it, he had slashed my arm and pressed a plastic chip into it.

"What the hell? You're trying to kill me before the Games. You obviously think I've got a good chance then, " I remarked.

The Avox just gave me an unimpressed look before leaving the hovercraft.

"Well then," I remarked to myself before I spotted a fluffy blue object toddling towards me.

It grabbed onto my trouser leg and hugged my leg rightly tightly. Annoyed, I shook it off.

"Ew," I said, examining the blue fluffy thing lying on the floor, with a red blanket in what appeared to be its hand.

"The hell is this?" I muttered to myself as the thing got up and turned its head around to face me.

"It's alive," I said in mild surprise. The thing spontaneously burst into tears.

"Oh," I said, not really expecting this. I walked over to it and patted its head awkwardly. "There. There."